Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How did your truck come about?

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I had a 74 F350 SC years ago and really loved it. Silly me sold it in 92 to buy a brand new GMC 3500 extended cab dually. what a mistake!! Fast forward to 1999. I decided to find another dentside truck for construction projects, rock hauling for landscaping etc. and because I just love the old Fords. The Long Beach Truck Trader had an ad for Burt with 72k original miles on him. The guy had JUST purchased it from the original owner in Oxnard, California (where Burt was built) who only used it for pulling a fishing boat. Had the original shell on him also...as well as the original tires!! Unfortunately, when he got it home his rather .......ahem.... ample stomached wife could not get behind the steering wheel and made him put it up for sale the SAME DAY!! I Drove it, paid him $2,700 and once I got Burt home decided that he was way too nice and original for the use I had intended. Sooooo, many thousands of $ and many, many hours of labor and years of love later...., here we are! :) (ended up with a 94 Mitsubishi extended cab truck for the "dirty work" YelloThumbUp )
Dak

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts