Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hood lock?

Second question: Does the cable hood latch still require some sort of manual interaction to fully open the hood? I.e. do you pull the cable to pop the hood, but then you still need to go to the front of the truck and push/pull some lever to fully release the hood

Yes it does.You wouldn't want to accidentally pop the hood diving down the interstate at 75 mpg.
There's a little square pad that lifts up from the grill access

Yes

Yes

The safety latch requires and UPward Movement to completely unlatch the hood

LipschitzWrath

$30,000 and counting...
Yes it does.You wouldn't want to accidentally pop the hood diving down the interstate at 75 mpg.
There's a little square pad that lifts up from the grill access

Yeah I figured that would be the case, just like all the cars are nowadays. I think that will still be okay. I think I could perform the upward movement easier than the pull movement you have to do with the manual latch.

It's kinda funny. This billet grille serves as somewhat of a "theft-deterrent" because even though you don't have to get in the truck to open the manual latch, you can't get at the manual latch through the grille right now.

Ford Truck Articles