Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hone-O-Drive?

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Apologies if this has been discussed here before (as I'm new to the board and haven't gone back through all the pages in this forum yet), but I'm looking for any info, pics, etc. on old Hone-O-Drive overdrive units.

From what I've seen, the 300-series unit is the universal style and they're hard to come by. Anyone know much about these things? I've been looking for one ever since I first heard of them about a year ago and I think it' be the perfect, era-correct addition to my '73 F250 project.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys on this!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I've heard about them before. The universal ones are definitely hard to find, some guys spend years trying to find one. This was discussed somewhere else, but not here. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
A friend of mine has a Hone O/D on his 1967 Shelby GT 500.

There is a separate shift lever used to shift the unit into O/D.

Stoner Dan

Yeah, I've heard that these units were favorites of RV guys and muscle car guys, for obvious reasons. Since I'm going for a period-correct resto on my truck, I wanna find one of these vintage units and since they're so hard to find, it makes me want one even more!

I first heard of these things over the summer from an old guy who said he had two or three of them that he used in his trucks, so that's what got me going on trying to find one.

Last edited:

Stoner Dan

It's a little too steep for me, right now. As long as it's a Model 300, it's the universal one that can be used on our trucks. But it's NOS, apparently, so that's worth something, for sure...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts