Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Honda FWD spindles....

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I am throughly confused by this.

I changed a strut on a friends car, apparently i magically messed up the spindle and its goin to cost 400 bucks to fix...

Few questions here....

FWD has spindles.... News to me
Is it true?
Being as the car was BEAT on by the previous owner and my friend knows about it, how could i mess up a spindle changing a strut...
Why do i continue to turn wrenches for people i dont like?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't they just have a knuckle where the CV joint goes through?...I've never worked on a front wheel drive car, but quads have the same kind of setup...there is a sleeve that goes through the knuckle with an internal bearing.

^^ Like you said, the CV joint passes through the knuckle and is splined/secured on the hub... I'm guessing either someone is making something up, or doesn't know what's what.

Neither the CV axle, knuckle, or hub need to be removed to replace the strut.

What is "wrong" with the so called spindle?

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah i think someone is using the wrong terminology for this. there is no spindle in the front at all. i would get more info on whats going on. as for the strut, maybe the camber/caster is off? and they went to align it and couldn't get the adjustment loose and had to buy a new part?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Supposedly i messed up the "spindle" when i changed the strut even though i pulled everything out of the way, so i could get to the spindle, even the knuckle...

Some how when it was layin on the floor it got messed up.
I told them if they had any problems to bring the car back, but they took it somewhere else first. So now its on them....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts