Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HiPoParts Garage LED gauge kit

Nomad, Bill needs a photo of the 5x cluster lights ..

The photo must be centered and without anything but the cluster illumination lights on

No PNDRL lights,no TS lights, No Hi-Beam light

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If you use vinegar to clean the bulb housings, they should probably be washed off with distilled water and dried before reinserting. Vinegar LOVES copper and brass.

I like the writeup AND the lights!

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Tex,Just got done reading your writeup about the led upgrade.That was a great technical article!! Very detailed,very precise,and very impressive.You have convinced me to make this upgrade on my '78 F250.Have some interior work to do,and this would work out for those lights also.Thanks!!

Tex's write up is (planned to be) used by Hipoparts in their instruction sheet.

Please patronize the company.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey Tex, I posted on your other thread. But what kind of paint did you use and where did you get it to repaint the gauges? Because my gauges need to be re-done lol :)

Texas - after doing the LED light upgrade to all the lights, does your dimmer switch (for the dash lights) work as well as with the incadescent bulbs? I've heard different things: some say yes it works and others say dimmer doesn't work. what is your experience?

Dennis - back on post #10 you mentioned that "they have a chrome tape for that now". Who is "they"? Does it look as nice as OEM chrome striping? I would like to redo my A/C vents.
Thanks,

BODYSHOP SUPPLY PLACES have thin chrome tape for one.

there was also an online cluster restoration site.

i lost hundreds of bookmarks last october, that's where these sites were saved

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Texas - after doing the LED light upgrade to all the lights, does your dimmer switch (for the dash lights) work as well as with the incadescent bulbs? I've heard different things: some say yes it works and others say dimmer doesn't work. what is your experience?

Mine never worked, it went from Bright to Dark, nothing in between.
I personally never had a use for it to tell the truth, if that is a issue, I would call and ask before ordering, i'm sorry I really can't answer your question...

SC
Tex's write up is (planned to be) used by Hipoparts in their instruction sheet.

Please patronize the company.

Congrats man. Nice write up. Im digging the LEDs. The cluster looks good.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I just went out and checked my LEDs and they did dim a little bit and never went to just Dark. They didn't dim as much as my Tach and Gauges with the regular bulbs, but I had nothing go from Bright to Dark. I do have a new wiring harness, but did not do anything different wiring them up.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts