Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hi beam dash light

Don't you guy remember me talking about Cluster backs and Printed circuits being different for a couple of years

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
talking about like this
PC070087.jpg

P.s go **** your self.

Am I the only one that noticed that the fuel gauge is on the wrong side of the gauge cluster?

Looks like someone put it back together wrong, lol. smilietease

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
No, my 78 and 79 both had it right there...besides...looks like the white bezel enclosure dealie is molded for the gauges to fit like that...

Every dentside that I've owned ('79 Bronco, '75 F-250 4x4, '77 F-250 Fulltime 4x4, '73 F-100 4x4, '77 F-250 4x4, '74 F-250 2wd) has had the fuel gauge on the left, bottom of the gauge cluster.

I'm not saying that you're not right, I've just never seen one that had it on the bottom right on the cluster.

Also, if that is a '78 or '79 gauge cluster, then the 100mph speedo has been swapped in from an older cluster.

They were not an option for '78 or '79.

Yup, I know at least the 73s are red, since mine is, and its not blindingly bright either.
My fuel is on the left to....

ClusterFace.jpg

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
On my 78 the fuel gauge in in the lower left corner of the cluster, and my high beam indicator is in the top of the speedometer, and it is a little blue jewel, that shines blue, and my brake warning light is in with the ammeter and temperature gauges on the right side of the cluster, and the fasten belts light is in with the oil pressure and fuel gauges , so I think that someone might have switched the temperature gauge and fuel gauge around when they put their cluster back together. Hope this helps

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts