Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hey whats up im a noob!

Im a noob here. My name is Joe. I am a chevy man at heart, i have a couple camaros and a monte carlo but for trucks there is nothing that compares to a ford, or a van for that matter. I have an 83 f350 and a 86 f150. i plan on swapping the cab from my 86 to the 83. This is going to happen sooner or later and i have been looking for a place to go for knowledge on doing this and it looks like this is it. Anyhting else you want to kno i am a pretty open book just shoot me a pm and we can talk.

Thanks. Joe

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey buddy welcome to the site!!! at least youve got it half right haha :D have any pictures of the rigs?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Welcome! And don't worry bout being a Chevy guy, I own a Chevy, and my parent's own 2 - but their is also a Ford sittin in our driveway

GREAT looking Camaro! Post up pics of all the vehicles if you want..

I'm kinda interested in the specs on the Monte Carlo (year/motor/etc)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
That's a beautiful lookin truck Joe.I almost bought an 84 that looked like yours.But it had a 351 and aluminum wheels.

That Camaro is also one beautiful car.

Nice looking Camaro.:) I traded my old 80 Camaro for my Mustang.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/1954ford/camaro001.jpg

I got it as an unfinished project and got it running.It started with a Th350 with 3.42 posi.
041 heads,eddy intake,Q-jet,headers with cheapy mufflers,some kind of rv cam.
I installed a 200r-4 trans.I had that in for couple of months,then decided that I wanted a four speed.So I changed it to a four speed.
Since I had to do some freeway driving,I changed the rear to 3.08.
Then I quit my job with the long drive and changed back to 3.42.
I changed the cam to a comp 280H.And before I traded it,I went back to an auto with 40 series flows.

I think I had it about a year.Then I traded it for my 94 GT.:)

The camaro is pretty beastly in its own. its a 355 with a holley intake, 670 vac sec. When i got it it had an older saginaw in it but dumping the clutch at 4 grand one too many times said goodbye to that. It now has a th350 in it and 2100 stall but that trannys going out too... 3.42 posi rearend. im looking for a muncie but i am also in a pickle in the money dept. So as of right now not a thing is going on. It sucks. i have an h pipe and 40 race series flowmasters. it is a thing of beauty.

As for the Monte Carlo it is a 1970 BUT it is just a shell right now... It came with a 350/350 combo. No interior whatsoever besides dash. So its not doing too much at the time, i plan on putting a 540big block in it and a 6 speed. We will see what happens there. Its a pretty solid car.

As for trucks i have an 83f350 that my dAD bought new. No pics, the motor was pulled causethe thrush bearings were going and its been sitting.

I have a sick nasty JEEP CHEROKEE sport with the 242 I6. THat thing does one sick nasty burnout but its a one wheel wonder, never get stuck in it in the mud or snow. people give me crap about it but it shuts em up when i can lit em up on command

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
As for the Monte Carlo it is a 1970 BUT it is just a shell right now... It came with a 350/350 combo. No interior whatsoever besides dash. So its not doing too much at the time, i plan on putting a 540big block in it and a 6 speed. We will see what happens there. Its a pretty solid car.

We have (well, it's dads but I'm working on getting it road worthy, so I'll have a DD next year) a 72 Monte Carlo. Same body style as a 70 though..

350 4 barrel, completely stock (for now), and not sure about the tranny (I have never even thought to look)

Yeah you gotta love the look of those first gens. They are pretty smooth cars, i love the 6foot long hood

And thats like my dads 1970 Z28 rs being his in name only. it will be mine someday for now its just collecting some dust

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yeah you gotta love the look of those first gens. They are pretty smooth cars, i love the 6foot long hood

Yup, I don't think their are many cars that come close to the styling of them.

And thats like my dads 1970 Z28 rs being his in name only. it will be mine someday for now its just collecting some dust

Yeah, he bought it new, and drove it until a few years ago.. It has been sitting for about 6 years I guess now..

What I loved, is it has 2+ year old gas, hadn't been started in atleast 2 years (not drove in more than that)

I put a battery in it, adjusted the points, and it fired up, poured 3qts of trans fluid in it, and was driving it around in the driveway :D

Surprised me, thats for sure! :suspicious:

same my dad bought his new in 70 too. his hasnt run in 20 years, he turbocharged it back in 76 and about 21 years ago the crossover pipe blew off and hit the distributor.. it had been his dd since he got but its never seen snow.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice Camaro!..welcome to the site!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts