Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heres ur 4 door bronco

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I can tell ya how to fix that up quick fast and in a hurry :) Man you could had gotten 50 bones for dat mug in da hood:hehehm:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I just remembered I had a Jeffs bronco grave yard catalog awhile back and in the back it said they where going to start offering 4 door kits.
At the time I wasn't sure what that meant.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
a while back I say one of these in while I was working in Colorado, it was sitting in a back yard, I saw it off the interstate and had no idea what it was, I looked up the name Centurions and found this, and this is what i saw
1827580_1.jpg
Was really cool, but the one I saw looked like it was a 4X4

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well to make a 4door bronc, you would have to cut and add the to frame, how sturdy would that be?? wouldn't that make for a large weak spot..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well to make a 4door bronc, you would have to cut and add the to frame, how sturdy would that be?? wouldn't that make for a large weak spot..
How so? Weld in a piece of C channel that is exactly the same as the existing frame rails, and it's just like stock. Where's the weak point?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
A good weld is just as good as a solid piece of metal with no weld at all. Keyword here is GOOD weld. What does a good weld look like? Well just have a look at the welds where Centurion added a piece of C-channel to my frame when they stretched it:

DSC00862Custom.jpg

DSC00864Custom.jpg

Sturdy as can be.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
How so? Weld in a piece of C channel that is exactly the same as the existing frame rails, and it's just like stock. Where's the weak point?

Uh... I'm not sure that's really true. I'm not knowledgeable enough about metallurgy to really explain it, but cutting a piece of metal and welding it back together WILL get you a piece with different properties than the single solid piece.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Uh... I'm not sure that's really true. I'm not knowledgeable enough about metallurgy to really explain it, but cutting a piece of metal and welding it back together WILL get you a piece with different properties than the single solid piece.
Well of course if you want to talk about it at the MOLECULAR level, yeah it ain't the same. But for the purpose of binding the two pieces of metal together PERMANENTLY, welding works just fine.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm talking about at a macro level.

As in, if you load it to failure, it will fail at a different loading and in a different way after welding than before.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Fair enough, but are we in agreement that I won't be loading that much pressure onto the welds on my frame? Lets face it-- these trucks are MOSTLY held together by welds anyways.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
A good weld is just as good as a solid piece of metal with no weld at all. Keyword here is GOOD weld. What does a good weld look like? Well just have a look at the welds where Centurion added a piece of C-channel to my frame when they stretched it.

Wow thats a hell of a weld, looks like the welds the Rig manufacturers use, that's no normal garage welder I guess trying to make a 4 door bronco your self would be a little out of the question.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow thats a hell of a weld, looks like the welds the Rig manufacturers use, that's no normal garage welder I guess trying to make a 4 door bronco your self would be a little out of the question.
Yeah I wouldn't attempt anything like it myself, though a backyard mechanic with a good welder and the skills to use it could most likely handle the job.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

Nope other than the weld its self .you can section frame yourself and have welded up . I 've done it several times.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'm talking about at a macro level.

As in, if you load it to failure, it will fail at a different loading and in a different way after welding than before.

Dont worry about it . We stretch trucks to put longer dumps,beds all time and have yet to have and problems . And we haul heavy .

I have seen semis with uglier weld last years .

Ford Truck Articles