Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Here comes the newbie

Hey everyone,

My name is Ted and I'm the new owner of a 61 f100 styleside w/223 engine. I got a great deal on her ($2200) and she runs and drives. All she really needed were new floors and some patches in the bed fixed. After I did all that, I took out the bench seat and put in 69 mustang seats in there. I love the look of bucket seats in her. I've also converted the 3 on the tree to a 3spd on the floor. The gas tank has also been relocated to under the bed for added room and safety. I've also converted to electronic ignition from Pertronix. One of my favorite things about her are the 16x8" wheels, they look great IMHO. She does need a few more things like a headliner and a little bit of body work. Long terms plans include lowering with drop leaf springs and adding power disc brakes ASAP!! I thought about swapping in a V8 along with IFS but am working on a very limited budget, so going slow and low will work just fine for me. I hope to learn and gather a lot of ideas from everyone here. Looking forward to hearing from you all. I will upload pics soon as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts