Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Her name is Rosa.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Glad to see you back in a dent. I'd be extremely interested what kinda flex that thing has...looks to have a shackle flip in the rear. I think I'd err on the side of 6" of vertical improvement. Looks like it will be fun beater rig.

As for the 351M...tough to kill em and a matter of a few hundred dollars and you'll be up around the 300hp mark.

Me too! I miss the vintage qualities, & she's a head turner for sure! I'm trying to find some place local to test the flex - maybe I can get a hold of a fork lift. :wasntme: I'm ready to beat her up!!

Headers, intake, & carb will be just about all she'll see. But none of that is to go on anytime soon.

BTW, I didn't realize how big she was until I went to the ATM last night. Needless to say, I had to get out of the truck. smiliegitrdone

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Headers, intake, & carb will be just about all she'll see. But none of that is to go on anytime soon.

If you're gonna do that, you may as well spend the extra couple hundred and throw a new bump stick in.

That is one interesting looking rig. Whats the wheel base measurement ? Can you get a good picture of where the frame was cut ?

When I first saw the thread title I thought you got a girl friend.:prod:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
If you're gonna do that, you may as well spend the extra couple hundred and throw a new bump stick in.

That's an option. That'd be something I'd do down the line when I have a place to pull her inside; she's not garage friendly!

That is one interesting looking rig. Whats the wheel base measurement ? Can you get a good picture of where the frame was cut ?

Thanks! :D Not sure of the wheelbase, but I can pull something together. I'll grab a good pic of the frame. It's cut where the long bed frame becomes thinner, towards the rear axle IIRC.

When I first saw the thread title I thought you got a girl friend.:prod:

I have an exotic taste! smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's an option. That'd be something I'd do down the line when I have a place to pull her inside; she's not garage friendly!

dude...grab a chair so you can reach inside (I have a standard folding chair) and in a matter of a few hours she'll be done...especially if you ever have to/want to replace the timing chain...then you're just a couple bolts away.

i like it...ive got a 351m in my 77 as well and i promise you its not lacking for power. completely stock, 2bbl carb and all. i dont think you will be dissapointed.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The beauties of having a Zombie Apocalypse Survival Vehicle:

- Cleaning is out of the question! Dirty that sucker up!!
- New paint is as easy as shake & spray (See next post; coming soon!)
- Door locks? Nonsense!
- Who needs registration - cops will gawk in awe at your awesome ride!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Just cleaned up the lines on the hood. Gotta take care of the fill later. Added flat black to the rockers & bottoms of the panels

IMG_20110611_195023.jpg

IMG_20110611_195032.jpg

IMG_20110611_195039.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dude...is that all putty on the cowl????? And really...if it's just a toy to beat on, I don't think I'd invest another red cent in to it. Drive it as is. And be realistic with yourself, sure it's cool to have, but what are you gonna do with it...and how often?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Dude...is that all putty on the cowl????? And really...if it's just a toy to beat on, I don't think I'd invest another red cent in to it. Drive it as is. And be realistic with yourself, sure it's cool to have, but what are you gonna do with it...and how often?

Yep, just thrown on there. As for the paint, it was a free mod - I bought a ton of discount spray paint forever ago and have no use for it.

You make good points. I'm still debating the plan with Rosa.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah, but...
A 400 crank, first? :)
They gotta be cheap -and- make the biggest difference?

Butthead in AZ
ps- x2 on the cam timing advance.

No doubt...adds 50 cubes for somewhere between $2-300. I just get nervous playing with the bottom end unless something is wrong with it, or unless you plan on doing it all. That's just me, because I typically jump in a project, and see other things I don't like an a couple hundred turns into a grand really quick...or I overlook something and it explodes and then it gets really expensive.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Ben, That's why I stay out of junkyards, auto part stores, hardware stores and nurseries, unless I HAVE to find somthing! Now you can take me to a mall and my wallet is always safe...:)
Dak

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The newest development - my neighbor (hard core off roader) owns: a super suburban on 44's, a k-10 blazer on 40's, some sort of toyota rock cralwer on 38's, and a newer f-450 w/ semi wheels/tires.

He's decided to adopt me into the world of full time vehicle modding. First track of action is new tires and wheels. Tonight we test fit a rim that is 2" wider than what I have now. They are 4" backspacing, creating a problem with the brakes; just gotta do some grinding. The tires he has for me are 36's - 2" bigger. Oh, and the wheels and tires are brand new!

I'm now planning on a couple of mods to the rear end. Things like shocks, stabilizers, etc.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Even the best built rigs, will fall flat on there face with out a good driver. Tell him to stop modding and get him to take you out so you can get some seat time!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Even the best built rigs, will fall flat on there face with out a good driver. Tell him to stop modding and get him to take you out so you can get some seat time!

I'm glad you mention this!!! We're headed out to a 400 acre place for the 4th of July weekend! smilieFordlogo

EDIT: http://www.grayrockorv.com/ <<< the place

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts