Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

help

str8racing

half fast mechanic
Did a stupid thing, drained diff., can not get filler plug out. Sprayed for 2 days, meesed up plug tried everything to get out other than heat. I f I try drilling and trying ez out,(which I hardly ever get an ez out to work without breaking) what about the metal filings? Any other ideas?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Is there enough room where you can grind a notch in it and use a hammer and punch to turn it loose?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah it sounds like the plug is toast at this point (ie, you don't wanna reuse it) so if you probably wanna just get it out by any means necessary, even if it means completely destroying the plug.

Have you tried heating it up? EDIT: Just saw that you said you didn't try heat... I'd throw a torch on it YelloThumbUp

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
agreed, try a torch and a hammer and chisel and see if that works, if not just flip thr truck on its nose, take the diff cover off and fill then replace diff cover, lower truck on wheels and your good to go!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
heat is gunna be your best bet...
If not drill a hole through it...
hammer a chisel or something into it, use a wrench on the end of the chisel and give it hell.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts