Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

help with color choices?

What color?

• Torch Red

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Viper Blue

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Maroon

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Yeah... referrals have to be the EXACT screen name or it'll kick it back.

Welcome to the site!!! Have fun while you are here... we have some excellent techs on here, too, if you find yourself having questions!
Thanks. :) I typed in Brian_B but that obviously isn't correct.

I do have a ? actually and am looking for the proper place to ask it. It would be great to get an answer and possibly save myself some cash! YelloThumbUp

.......you didn't exist.. weird.

True...I don't exist. I am a figment of everyone's imagination.
Eye_anim.gif
Eye_anim.gif

Blue goose keeps the figment around because he wants my truck. :WooHoo:

While not quite right, this is one Tyler did for me (playing).

sdasdasdasLarge.jpg

The door should not be white. The running board should be body color. The wheels should be white, but not bad at all for playing one night. YelloThumbUp

This is not my truck, but I found a one color paint program online and this is as close as I can get. It needs the white roof added. These are not my wheels either, but they are as close as I could get with the online program thing.

onlinecolorjob.jpg

is that the les schwab program? that color looks good i always liked that blue

That would be correct. I have no idea what that place is. I just followed a link on another forum. It is fun to play with. :)

I have played with a similar program on some site, but it did not have the older vehicles. I painted my explorer a different color, lifted, and lowered it. Just playing. LOL

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
The color is the Original! color my truck was painted when it came off the line :D
Its called Brilliant Ford blue..
FORD AMERICA BRILLIANT BLUE code KJ METALLIC wish I had better pics but in full sun the color becomes very eye pop blue and in low light its a very striking blue its really cool/

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well according to the paint book the guy had at New England custom colors here in lubbock, it said that color came on my truck in 79..
It may be wrong I dunno :D

havi

third member
Brian, as a reference, look at Tacson's truck and the use of his darker blue color, with appropriate contrast of the red emblem on the hood. Also, I've found that blue goes well with a grey interior (it's what my Tbird is getting). Bright blue was also an option in 1979, but looks a bit darker than what Texasnomad's truck shows, but that could just be my monitor. I had a Bronco that color as well. I'll second that there's a lot of 53-56 red F100's out there, too.

Ford Truck Articles