Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help needed

I bought a 2003 Harley Gauge cluster for my 2001. my truck is in KMS but the new cluster is in miles......no big deal. I swapped my rear board and odometer with it so it would work in my truck and run....but the speedo is way out. If I return it to normal and have my pats programmed for it will the speedo be right on? It looks really good and I love it but i am using my GPS to tell me how fast I am going right now. any help would be great. How much does it cost to get the Pats programmed?

blacksnapon

Staff member
you might have to get the perameters reset (which should have tire sizes, etc). The cost on programming a pats key will be up to each individual garage.

help

My dealer here will not touch it he was kinda rude and said how can i beleive everything online.......and he did not understand why people do things like that.....frustration....
here is my question, he wanted to know if you knew for sure if there was parameters in there to change tires sizes for sure or not....also the differnt motor info etc etc. Please lead me in the right direction.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Using The Worldwide Diagnostic System (WDS) When The Original Body Chassis Electrical Module Is Not Available

Install the new module.
Connect the WDS and ID the vehicle as normal.
From the Toolbox icon, select and highlight: Module Programming and then highlight the module that was installed and press the check mark.
Select and highlight: Programmable Module Installation and then highlight the module that was installed then press the check mark.
Follow the on-screen instructions and turn the ignition key to the OFF position and press the check mark.
The WDS will retrieve the module data from the PCM and automatically download the data into the new module and display Module Configuration Complete.
If the data is not available in the PCM, the WDS will display a screen stating to contact the As-Built Data Center.
Enter the module data.
WDS will download the data into the new module and display.

help

Cool, so this should work no problem with my 2001 F150 XTR with 4.6ltr with 275/65/17's then hopefully.......Thanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts