Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help me decide if it is worth it.

I have found a 4 cyl Detroit Diesel that appears to be rebuilt with crankshaft thrust washer, main bearings, cylinder liner and block sleeves all standard. The engine was used in shipboard firefighting truck. It is currently up for auction at Government Liquidators and is located here in Columbus Ohio. So will it fit a 1992 F150 4 x 4 and how much work would it be to install in the truck. I have also ask the same or about the same question on the 4BT site. Thanks.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
it will fit under the hood altho it would take some fabrication of mounts and such it all really matters if you want to put the work in to have it in the truck, i would do it just for the "holy ****" factor but it does sound worth it from your description

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
it will fit in the engine bay..

will take ALOT of fab work.. and alot of time invested in this, but if your up to it, if you can get it cheap enough, TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

cause some of the coolest chit EVER!!!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
it will fit in the engine bay..

will take ALOT of fab work.. and alot of time invested in this, but if your up to it, if you can get it cheap enough, TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

cause some of the coolest chit EVER!!!

Seems I read the same thing you posted from Post #2

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts