Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hello from the new guy

hello all . new guy around here starting a new adventure in life . i picked up this 1987 ford f150 xlt laraite 4x4 with a 302 that my grandfather bought brand new in 1987 . when he passed the truck was giving to my uncle and when the abs hydraulic unit went out 3 years ago he parked it . well i got tired of seeing the truck sit there and wast away so i made a deal and got the truck and towed it home .my wife calls the truck a limo but me and the boy love it . once home i gave it a complete tune up new fluid and luckley i work in a auto parts store and no not autozone lol and was able to get the abs unit around a hundred bucks when ford wanted 350 .00 for it . the truck runs like it is new and in real life has over three hundred tho miles on the og motor and trans . its all og lol. anyways here is some picks i took the day i brought it home . it no longer has the running boards on it i hated them and its been cleaned up so i will have to take some new pic here soon . hope to get to meet some good guys and gales here
IMG_20120218_104415.jpg

IMG_20120218_104356.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
Nice truck! The old man keeps trying to get rid of the extended cab, have to keep heading him off...

Are this running boards all one piece? Not a good idea, need to have give between the box and the cab.

So whats so wrong about working at Autozone?!?!:suspicious: smilietease

(did it for 4 years...but we had the best rep in town)

Nice truck! The old man keeps trying to get rid of the extended cab, have to keep heading him off...

Are this running boards all one piece? Not a good idea, need to have give between the box and the cab.

So whats so wrong about working at Autozone?!?!:suspicious: smilietease

(did it for 4 years...but we had the best rep in town)

i love the extra space in the cab myself lol yea the boards was one piece . i took them off fast just cuz i hated them myself . there is nothing wrong with working at autozone as long as its not one from around here in Illinois . i personally work for advance auto parts and i love the quality of the products we carry

Fellro

Staff member
For the most part, we all carry about the same parts. The Advance down the street from the store I worked at in Cedar Rapids has an attitude problem. I have been to a lot of AZ's over the years, and some meet the stereotype and others like our store really are helpful. It doesn't really matter the name on the front of the store, but the people inside do matter. Actually, that store was the only place to give me a chance after being off work for about 3-4 years. We have Advance, AZ, and O'Reilly's all within a 1/2 mile of each other, and only the AZ called me. There are 3 AZ's, 2 Advance and 2 O'Reilly's in Cedar Rapids. I imagine the standard "overqualified" response came into play.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum..those wheels look good on there

lol thanks for the welcomes and complements . the rims on the truck came off a old bronco my friend got rid of . i put them on there cuss i was always a fan of dukes of hazard . as far as the paint goes i am replacing the cab corners and the rear wheel wells and then panting the truck purl black where it is white and gun metal gray where it is brown . going to put a 4 inch lift so i can run 35 tires on it . as far as the lights on top my uncle put them on . why i am doing body work i am removing them and welding up the holes and putting a visor .

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Beautiful truck and welcome to the site! smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts