Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello Ford Fanatics

Hi my name is jeremy and i own a 1985 F-250 4x4 with a built 460 motor. I just recently came across a 4-speed tranny and transfer case everything matches mine pretty much besides a few wires and was wondering if anyone has every replaced a c-6 transmisson with a 4-speed manual on this kind of truck and could tell me possibly which wires go to what and what i can elimenate. If anyone has info on this please let me know.

Last edited:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Welcome aboard Vincent. Glad you dropped by. Hope you don't mind but I cross posted your thread in the 460 engine forum here:
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11866

FTF is blessed to have as many Certified Ford mechanics visit our site as we do which is one of the reasons we gave them their own forum to answer questions. When they answer questions you know your getting it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. In this particular forum ONLY the original poster and Certified Techs can answer in it (obviously some mods and admins can also)

That being said they obviously have full time jobs and are not on 24 hours a day. Our membership is second to none and they might also be able to offer you some assistance.

Again Welcome aboard

Ford Truck Articles