Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello all

Hi all, thanks for welcoming me. I came here because I need some help with my 79 F-150. I own a 79 2 wheel drive and a 80 4 wheel drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Suppose I should elaborate on my problem LOL OK, I have a 79 F-150 and I am trying to figure out exactly what engine I have. I do know for a fact it is not the 351W, I beleive it to be a 351C Or M, but, it might be another beast all together. The vin plate for the door is wrong as it is a replacement door from a 75, I did find a tag/plate on the firewall but can find no info regarding it at all. All I can figure out is the year, and where it was made. I did find a sticker on the hood that says engine family and it reads : engine family 5.8 M/6.6 "B". I did look on the heads for some clues but there is no raised 2 or 4 on them. HELP!!!!

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What engine do you have in your 79 Gina? Mine has the 351M. Basically a boat anchor LOL

Not one little bit is it boat anchor.....it's got great potential...it just suffered at the hands of the EPA and the hippie tree huggers :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts