Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello all! New member. I Bleed Blue!!!

Well i have a new project that I'm finally getting to start. I got gifted a 76 Ranger factory air 2wd short box. It looks ruff bit it's actually very straight. I have a special engine in mind for this build that has been in storage for a while. 351c 4v. It has a fmx trans behind it for now but I see a C6 in its future. Here are a few pics of the truck fresh out of the barn.

yzy4a6y4.jpg

agyjebyb.jpg

asuzaguj.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF!...sounds like a cool project!!

Low and mean. Nice mild built motor with a nice cam lope. Got the engine pulled out of hibernation and sprayed off today....its a low mileage beast. 60,000 original miles!! Got a full rebuild coming it's way along with the cast iron fmx trans.

Last edited:
I have decided to go with a titanium silver for paint and I am going to leave the dog dish caps but go with an 8 or 10 inch steel wheel on the back. It should give it a nice subtle performance look. Gonna also do a crown vic front end. Already have the donor sitting there. The disc brakes all around should be a nice upgrade. The vic rears bolt right up with a little grinding on the rear.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
welcome to the site...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i would keep the hydraulics.. if your wanting to save some space though you could go with an aftermarket performance master cylinder... they tend to be smaller, more efficient and some even have the boosters built into them to save even more space...

I have decided to go with a titanium silver for paint and I am going to leave the dog dish caps but go with an 8 or 10 inch steel wheel on the back. It should give it a nice subtle performance look. Gonna also do a crown vic front end. Already have the donor sitting there. The disc brakes all around should be a nice upgrade. The vic rears bolt right up with a little grinding on the rear.

UH,you would have to mention crown vic...Im wanting to do the same,
an I had acess to crown vics an waited too late an lost it.
They are old police cars,an herd that they already sold them for a dollar
a peice.Im not total sure if thats true or not,the city guy's play head
games alot.Iwill ask an see.

Thats going to be a sweet ride....YelloThumbUp

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Well they will be hydraulic either way. I just meant non power assited.

ahh thought you meant you wanted to cable it all the way like the parking brakes...

Thanks bud. I got the pleasure to ride in a 79 with the vicky front end and it road Soooo good. And the handling of the truck was much improved. The vic only has 100k on it so hopefully it isn't wore out to bad. Im going to do poly bushings anyways. It was driven easy before the motor let go. It was my grandmothers.

This is the color code I will be using. By the way. I'm a painter as my hobby so I will be spraying this truck myself. And all the body work will be done by myself as well.
vegyny2a.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts