Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

He is baaaaaack! Another premium 4x4!

I'm really confused why everyone hates this guy??

IMO, he gives guys like us (Ford Truck Fanatics) a bad name by mis-representing the trucks he sells.

His latest ad should read as an F250 not as a highboy.

Ford didn't sell a highboy.. that is an enthusiast moniker.

My favourite saying is so true.

"It's all in the details Sir,Maam"

I'm really confused why everyone hates this guy??

Plain and simple, he is a crook. And yes I can say that, I have personally bought a truck from him so I speak from first hand experience.

I really think he just takes em to maaco or somethin similar and tries to cover it up. I dont think he could be sellin em locally or there would be tons of nice trucks out there and in the surrounding states (like here) but ive never seen any toolin around here or down the freeway.

He does his own work with the help of an older guy.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's amazing on how some guys get really good at bondo work. I've seen vehicles that seem to look flawless until you reach up behind a wheelwell or place a magnet on the vehicle.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's amazing on how some guys get really good at bondo work. I've seen vehicles that seem to look flawless until you reach up behind a wheelwell or place a magnet on the vehicle.

You're not kidding...luckily here in the south, we don't have to worry about bondo filling rust areas too often, it's more often when a vehicle has been wrecked. In which case, it's globbed in there to fill in the dent, which can be spotted a mile away. Then of course it's used to smooth out dimples, which can be waaaaaaay trickier, in that case I just have to hope the lighting is right to spot it, or a slight tap around the panels and hope for more of a thunk instead of a bungggg...anyone have a better technique of finding that type of bondo work?

got the vin F26SRY22861

Well it's a 250 4x4...but the serial# indicates it's not a 'highboy'...after Y20,000. Did he tell you if it was from the door or the frame?

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
...anyone have a better technique of finding that type of bondo work?

I still think the magnet works best.

Well it's a 250 4x4...but the serial# indicates it's not a 'highboy'...after Y20,000. Did he tell you if it was from the door or the frame?

Early on in this thread I thought it didn't have the stance of a highboy--sit's like my '79.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Early on in this thread I thought it didn't have the stance of a highboy--sit's like my '79.

Well according to the VIN and correlating it with the term 'highboy' it's not one, it's after the production # range.

As for the bondo thing,if bondo is applied correctly, a magnet WILL still stick, I think the max it's supposed to be applied is right around 1/16". So if it's applied properly, the magnet won't work. I guess you could always look for the distortion bondo leaves, but if it's a small area for smoothing, it's kinda hard to locate. And you can try knocking, but here again, if the bondo is thin enough, that can still be tricky. So those are the best techniques I know, and like you said. So I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done to pick out those tricky scenarios.

I thought a high boy was any 60s/ 70s model ford truck that was a 4x4?

Well originally it was the term for a Ford car...wanna say the requirement was a fenderless roadster...or something along those lines. Then it became an enthusiast term for 73-77.5 250 4x4's (pre-production # Y20,001) because they sat higher than 77.5-79's. Easy way to tell is gas tank behind the seat, and divorced t-case. Then somewhere along the line, the 67-72 250 4x4's were included in the term for the same reasons. Really it's just an overused term, and doesn't make the trucks anymore special. I always love cruising ebay and guys' big selling point is their 67-77.5 250 4x4 is a highboy, who cares, they're all highboys of that era. Then I really get a laugh when folks call their 150's or 77.5-79's a highboy...because that ain't even right. But the best one of ALLTIME was when a guy had the rarest 79 Bronco ever, that was one of three Bronco highboys ever produced, that was all original, even though there were tons of parts mixed and matched. Me and some other fellas on t'other site gave that guy hell after he replied like an azz to a guy who asked him a question about it. I still laugh about it to this day.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's another nice looking truck. Where does he find them ?
I spent alot on my truck to get it looking good and it had been garage kept since new by the original owner
Here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...828QQitemZ260386582828QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks
same vent tubes as the last one there

don't know about you, but i've never seen a farm truck look that good
WAS USED AS A PART TIME FARM HAND.

EDIT: rear bumper is bent and there are no pictures of the bed - i'm sure it's beat to hell. he could be fairly honest here. it'd hard to rack up 30,000 miles driving through fields. no salt, low miles...it could look that good. the interior might clean up well, and he may have touched up the exterior paint, but it's possible i guess. our farm truck is nasty looking on the outside, especially the bed - but the interior is almost perfect except for some dust

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles