Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

has anyone ever done this???

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
im in the process of rebuilding my 77 f-100 and im thinking about doing something different...im thinking about putting dual stacks on my gas burner...ive seen it done before but i want to know how hard it is and what are the cons of doing this to a gas powered trucksmiliepeelout

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've seen it done. Should just be a matter of cutting some holes in the bed, getting the right pipe and doing something to keep water from getting in. That being said, and no offense, but stacks are waaaaaaaay over done. Kinda like lambo doors of the late 90's early 2000's. Not only are they over done, but on a gasser...c'mon. I wouldn't go that big either because it'll inhibit scavenging and back pressure. So if you do it, you'll have dual 2.5" stacks...ghey city.

F150

easy
It will look better if you go the extra mile and use the chrome heat shields (like on the side pipes of a 60's corvette). And it would look much better if you don't do it at all, as posted above.....smiliewhathesaid

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You could always drop a 7.3 td in there, then I'd say stacks are fine. I'm not sure about 'em on a gasser, though.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
There is a 04 F150 running around my town with 7" mitercuts and it sounds like chit, looks like chit...

IMO the only time a stack is acceptable on a gasser is for deepwater mud trucks or old school farm flatbeds (with flappers of course:D )

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
I think it would be awesome........WITH FLAMETHROWERS!!!!!!!!!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I thought about doing it as well, but decided against it. If you want something different put side pipes. I would do stacks if I had a flatbed though. But your best bet would be just doing a nice normal dual exhaust.

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
well the bed is shot out so i may get a flatbed...and if yall know where i can find a 7.3 td cheap ive also thought about that cause my best friend did that to his 86 bronco

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
and if i do the stacks with the gas burner i WILL add the heat shields

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
i love the look of those trucks so i think i will go with the 3" stacks

I have run stacks on my old Scout and they looked and sounded good. Then I put a set on my 77 and still sounded good but the look just aint right. These trucks of ours have a forward tilting cab. So the stacks in the bad are going to be about 6 to 8 inches from the top of the cab. It would be better if you cut out the front of the bed header and got the pipes closer to the cab but they will still be a few more inches from the top. Just kinda messes with the lines of the ride IMHO.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts