Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

harrisden

I thought you were going to get rid of the hoot owl under the dash. I didn't know you were putting a lift kit on it too. I'll need a step ladder to get in.
I'm glad your anal with your inspections.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I thought you were going to get rid of the hoot owl under the dash. I didn't know you were putting a lift kit on it too. I'll need a step ladder to get in.
I'm glad your anal with your inspections.
He's a tall hoot owl!

blacksnapon

Staff member
The first thing for me is to remove carbon and hard deposits on the heads and deck surface. Then break out the feeler gauges and the straightedge. From there, start to refurbish the turbo. Fom there, order parts as needed.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just out of curiosity Venice, whats a repair like that run from Ford??

Much of it depends on the parts you find that are defective. Theres no way you can give an accurate estimate, because you can't tell whats worn out until you take it apart.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I can't wait to get my lift, but I think I have my engine pull down to about as long as it would take me to lift the body! LOL

blacksnapon

Staff member
The heads are on, but before I go any more, I'm going to replace the STC fitting with the one piece upgrade while I'm in it that deep anyway.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Its the "snap to connect" fitting at the rear of the engine on the high pressure oil pump that connects the pump to the branch tube. They are prone to failure on an 05. Its cheap insurance at this point.

blacksnapon

Staff member
How are your arms feeling, Vince? For everybody's sake, could you describe what all's involved in the headbolt tightening procedures on the 6.0?
I turned the fan on because the truck was getting too hot from all of the friction!:wasntme: The procedure is to go 65 ft lbs first in sequence, then 85, then 3 times 90 degrees. You end up somewhere over 200 foot pounds of torque. My shoulders hurt.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That 90 degree torque stuff drives me nuts LOL. You would think someone would just figure out what the actual torque is. It's not a huge deal to do but I just find it funny.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Started it up today, right at 4:30. Still have to charge AC, top off fluids, drive to verify repairs, just minor, time consuming stuff. Be finished monday morning.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Good job YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts