Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Had a good scare...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah it sucks the way they do it. You have to look at the springs then click on application to find out.
Ah I see it now...

Man that spring pack looks so DINKY. I've got 5 leaves + an overload... I just can't imagine that those Pro Comp springs can hold same the amount of weight...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I don't think that's an actual picture of the real deal. Here's mine.

reardisc6.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It came exactly as shown. The ride is identical to stock. That is why I chose to only go with a 6 inch spring and still use a block. A spring much bigger would have given a rough ride.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well I believe my lift kit is somethin' like 4" in front and 2-2.5" in the rear, because my truck sits level after the kit. So I'll look around for a 2-3" lift spring. Thanks Tony.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
No problem. If you can find a stock height truck like yours you could do some comparison measuring. Measure from the center of your axle to your wheel well and compare it to stock. That should tell you how much lift you have.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Now, I dunno much about lifts, but it would seem that after 13 years, that method wouldn't even be accurate +/- an inch, based on the varying sag I see in old trucks around here...

Or am I missing something?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No problem. If you can find a stock height truck like yours you could do some comparison measuring. Measure from the center of your axle to your wheel well and compare it to stock. That should tell you how much lift you have.
Yeah the reason I figure is because its a 4" lift kit, and most lift kits are also leveling kits because these trucks are raked from the factory (bout 2 inches higher in the rear). And seeing as how my truck isn't raked now, it must be 2 inches higher in the front. Hence 2" lift springs in the rear ;)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Personally, I would go an extra inch or two higher than I wanted to allow the new springs to settle.

Ford Truck Articles