Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Had a big scare on Friday!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Pulled out of Wal-mart and the little squeek in the rear end that I have been hearing turned into a freakin lions roar!:headbang:

I immediately thought oh crap the axle bearings finally gave way! Well I limped her home and boy was she bucking and clicking growling and you name it!:(

Pulled the rear diff cover and nothing but oil in there so I thought good i the metal hasn't made its way to the carrier yet. :)

So I proceeded to pull the driverside tire off since that was the side it sounded like had broken free. As I got the rear rotor off I noticed a bunch of stuff fall out! Got to looking at it and the E-brake pads had exploded and a bunch of pieces of them were running around the rotor and the dust cover. I pulled the E-brake crap off the that tire and boy does it sound and drive ALOT better now!smiliegitrdone

Ohh, is THAT all.... I thought it was something disastrous, from the title;

Like a visit from Chris.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Brian I thought about it but I don't use the E-brake that often and the other side cable is damaged from dropping her off the edge of the road looking at a woman cutting grass! (let me just say it was worth it!!!LOL)

and Tom, your nuts! That would've been a nightmare! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Brian, the pads and such look just like and old drum brake set! They are EASY to do, but like I said I don't use them EVER and every little bit of wheight off the truck helps!

oh and that was before we were what we are now!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
ROTFLMAO no I better keep the one I got, She is the only one I've found that can put up with my crap!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
As they should be they are ONLY used for e brakes but I belive my developed a "drag" when I hit the ditch and that caused them to where out alot faster

Musta been one helluva ditch, lookin at your truck...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
pretty good one actually and it sure didn't look that deep! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I drive by that ditch nearly every day now! But have yet to hit it again!!! Boy I wish she would cut her grass more often! LOL

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
and Tom, your nuts! That would've been a nightmare! LOL
Hmmm... I seem to remember a PERSONAL phone call from Sir Doc to Hippie Chris--- regarding the fact that my inability to attend his party was such a shame, and that he was planning a trip out to California with his family so he could meet me.

Yeah that's right... I went there...

Hmmm... I seem to remember a PERSONAL phone call from Sir Doc to Hippie Chris--- regarding the fact that my inability to attend his party was such a shame, and that he was planning a trip out to California with his family so he could meet me.

Yeah that's right... I went there...
Yep, it's all about you, isn't it, Chris?

That was his charity call. He makes one a week to those less fortunate, and you were the most obvious.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts