Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hack saw blades have never seen so useful!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well, I was in a rush at my *new job* during my lunch break. I couldn't seem to find a place that would cash my check and the banks were closed. (No cash = no food = strike!)

In the midst of this, I locked my keys in the truck. Good thing I had my handy dandy hack saw blade! I popped that sucker in my vent window and slid the lock arm up and was able to open the door.

Kinda weird how easy it is to break into my truck!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The lock on the lock arm must be broke.
There's this handy thing called a hide a key its better then the hacksaw. (if you can remember where you put it.)

The pin that belongs in the back no longer lives there. I've been meaning to get a replacement... good thing I didn't!

Hide a key???

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
its a case that has a key in it and its magnetic so you could attach it to the frame of your truck somewhere if you wanted to.

Hmmmmmm. I'd slap that sucker in the engine bay. It doesn't lock anyways.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's an external release.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I always wired a spare key up under the body next to a frame rail, there are tons of places. I have had those magnetic ones fall or get knocked off before. wire is secure.

Fellro

Staff member
I tend to put them behind the fuel door.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
IIRC...77 was the last year the vent windows didn't have the lock. I just zip tie a key to the frame.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
IIRC...77 was the last year the vent windows didn't have the lock. I just zip tie a key to the frame.

The driver's side door isn't original...

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I dunno about a key in the wallet. It feels... funky.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts