Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gt40 heads

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not totally sure. I imagine they probably can deal with a lot more lift and have reduced friction. I'm just guessing though.

Ryan

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Your engine will be an entirely different animal with roller rockers. When I swapped them onto my truck it revved out so much smoother and faster. Deciding on roller rockers will be affected by the cam lift as well. Too much lift and you'll have piston to valve clearance issues. I highly suggest you do as was stated and verify what cam you have in there. Not knowing affects A LOT of decisions from a performance standpoint.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Agreed.

I put a set of pedestal mount roller rockers on my 94. The stock ratio for a stamped rocker is 1.5, the roller rocker I used is 1.7
That really woke up my truck, in the "old" days we called that a poor man's cam.

for you to do the same upgrade, you would need to know what cam you have, because you could smack a valve into a piston

So, with that being said, go ahead and pull the timing cover, and chain, and cam gear and see what you have. It will only cost you a gasket set and some time.

I don't really want to pull that cover back off. But I was looking in through the lifter holes and toward the back of the cam there was a spot painted purple with a couple of letters and numbers on it that read: EP62

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
The numbers you need are on the end of the cam under the cam gear

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts