Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Grrr mother nature

Two weeks or so ago I started to tare down the top on me motor. It was a nice day and it looked like spring was well on its way. Then this happened.

It was snowy and windy for at least 12 hours. My truck is parked between my house and the niebours. It get pretty swirly between the two houses. This is what I found when I lifted the hood today.

There is no intake, valve covers, or distibuter cap. I think I'm going to have to pull the engine, drain and clean it up.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Sorry to see that. Mother Nature isn't being kind here in MN either.

Fellro

Staff member
As long as you get on it fairly quickly, you can get away with it. Once it melts back down, get everything cleaned and oiled, WD40 or some kind of oil. You will definitely have to drain it now. Main thing is to get after it soon once you can. Also plan on a very short oil change.

I know. I wasn't to impressed when I lifted the hood. Once the snow melts the first thing I'm going to do is pull the heads and get whatever water that's in there out. I'm going to pull the motor for sure.

primetime

sawmill slave
As long as you get on it fairly quickly, you can get away with it. Once it melts back down, get everything cleaned and oiled, WD40 or some kind of oil. You will definitely have to drain it now. Main thing is to get after it soon once you can. Also plan on a very short oil change.

This. It stinks, but Roger is right. Clean as much of the snow out of there as you can. That will be less that melts and gets into the engine. Getting after it with a shop vac wouldn`t be a bad idea. Get some kind of oil in there. You`ll be fine.

primetime

sawmill slave
I know. I wasn't to impressed when I lifted the hood. Once the snow melts the first thing I'm going to do is pull the heads and get whatever water that's in there out. I'm going to pull the motor for sure.

I wouldn`t pull the heads or the engine. Just do the above and throw a couple of quick oil changes at it.

I was thinking about getting a new cam for it anyway. Plus I have a oil drip off the front of the motor. Not sure if it's the pan or seal or what it is. If I pull the motor I can get a few things done. I was thinking about it anyway. This just kinda made my mind up for me.

Fellro

Staff member
Front leak commonly is the front main.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid - btdt with flood damaged engines.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts