Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got my new tires on !

I was a little worried I would need more lift going from my 38" Ground Hawgs (which really only measured 36 inches) to these 39.5" swampers (which measure 39 inches). I think the stance still looks ok though. What do you guys think?

1272633119.jpg

1272634389.jpg

1272633120.jpg

Its getting closer to being done now. All I have left to reinstall is most of my interior, all the glass, and I have to have the new tailgate I used rhino lined on the inside to match the bed.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
daggon that thing looks smokin. Give this man TOTM. I think the Swampers look good. Looks like you have plenty of fender clearance up front at least. Got a question though, is it me or do those swampers look like the rear are stuffing the fender wells alot more than the fronts?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
daggon that thing looks smokin. Give this man TOTM. I think the Swampers look good. Looks like you have plenty of fender clearance up front at least. Got a question though, is it me or do those swampers look like the rear are stuffing the fender wells alot more than the fronts?

AGREED!!!! I think it's the way the truck is sitting. The front looks like it's up a bit more.

Yeah I think its the photo. It is going uphill kinda in those pics. Still, the rear may be a tad lower than the front.
I also just noticed in the rear pics my tailights have amber in them. It must be the flash because they dont look like that at all. Weird

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is a beautiful green. What color green is that?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. That's my favorite color green, so if you have the paint code, it would be awesome if you would post it. That color green is one of the three I'm thinking of using on the Bronco when it gets painted.

Edit...got a couple questions. Now that the truck is all purdy, is she gonna be taken care of, or are you one of those that's gonna thrash a great looking truck.

Secondly, when you're done buttoning up this truck, can we get a before and after shot?

Last edited:

FTF'er
How close do the front tires come to the fender when you turn? The truck is looking awesome!

Ok as for the paint. I wanted to paint it a color I saw they used on the show gearz. It was called Bushmaster Green I think and it was used on Ted Nugents Bronco. I couldnt find a paint code and couldnt get a response from the show website.
I had a 2001 Toyota Echo come in my shop with this factory color on it. I went to the paint shop and had them look up the code and they mixed me the paint. I actually havent taken a pic yet that the color looks as good as it actually does. It really pops in the sun.
As for am I going to trash it. No I dont plan on tearing it up. It may see a mud puddle or 2 but what will probably happen is after I remind myself what a pain it is to clean it, I probably wont want to get it filthy again. But I did spend a lot of money on lockers so Im sure I will want to use them now and then.
And for how close are the front tires? I think I have close to 4 inches but I havent checked with any sort of flex yet. Its kind of a pain to drive much with no seat in it yet.
Oh and I will see what I can put together as far as a before and after sorta slide show on here for ya Ben.
Thanks for all the compliments guys, incase you cant tell I am kinda excited about how its turning out.

Last edited:

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
.....and the swampers start to make your truck look like a "monster truck" it sets so high now. Cool!!! Have you driven with swampers on the pavement before in any other truck? How is the ride? They look like it would be a bit of a bumpy ride.
Dak

Thanks Dak. I have swampers on a Jeep and they ride good but they are radials. These are bias ply just like my Ground Hawgs were. They are not near as nice a ride as radials but they are not unbareable. The only reason I buy these bias ply tires is because I dig the vintage look on these old trucks and its not like I take long road trips with this truck. I was going to buy 40 inch Ground Hawgs but noone seems to have them. I like the look of the Ground Hawgs better but I think the swampers work better offroad and they still look ok.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts