Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got me a Crew!

Pictures really help this one but this is my new project. 77 f250 4x4 400(supposedly) 4 spd 205. Runs great drives like a truck with 38.5 swampers on it. Lots of rust :headbang: but they are just to hard to find around here.
crew1.jpg

crew2.jpg

crew3.jpg

crew4.jpg

Proeliator

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Looks great! I love that era of super and crew cabs.

Good looking truck... ya cant beat a super crew dent side, they just look cool. what are the plans for this one?:WooHoo:

Probably more or less resto mod. gona lower it back down closer to stock so it is useable as a truck then fix rust add ac & probably a 460 c6 swap. Not going to do anything for a while to broke after buying it will be selling off the supercab & some other stuff.
John
& thanks everybody. I didn't really think I was going to find one.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Very nice!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet John...care to share how much that set you back. That's a 5k truck in my neck of the woods.

I got it for $2600 but needs lots of body work for the rust (at least for me) but they are hard to find out here that is why I bought it eventhough I will swap it to auto & add ac eventually.
John

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Thanks bud...I'm actually in NC, and these things rarely pop up in drivable condition for less than 3k. A few months back, I was considering picking one up that hjad no drivetrain, terrible rust and the owner still wanted $1600 for it...I woulda considered it ha it been under a grand.

Damn sweet ride. I don't see any rust in those pics though - she has it on her frame or is it mostly cosmetic? If that 400 is running strong, I'd keep it. I had a 400 and that sucker ran like a scalded dog.

$2600 is a helluva deal. Good job!

Rust is cosmetic except for the cab roof above the doors is real bad (above the drip rails is real bad) he used red duct tape to "hide" it! Not shure it is a 400 or 351 cant trust anyone on that so I will measure it. Probably going 460 anyway since I have several fords will use the 400 in something smaller.
John

Well that was quick. I had to borrow to buy it & things have gotten worse so I put it up for sale & it left tonight. :( But hopefully now I can finish my bronco in Jan or feb instead. Hopefully I will find another 1 when I can really afford it.
John

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts