Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Goodyear Fierce MTS

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Goodyear-Fierce-Attitude-MT.htm

Anyone had any experience with these? They are relatively new so I can find lots of reviews of their mud/snow/etc performance, and they are E rated which is good for the heavy loads I haul but I cant find much info in regards to longevity.

I am considering a set of the 315/75/16 for the Cummins cause I am tired of getting stuck while in the fields, but between the power I am running and the weight I tow my last 3 sets of tires have lasted a combined 2 years :hammer:
Now Im not out there frying the tires off all the time but with a heavy goosneck and wet roads or rock, combined with mucho torque I need a tire that can last, while still be able to pull the truck and trailer through muddy ranch roads when needed.

Good looking set of tires, Ive never had any Heavy Duty Goodyear tires, but have had some on dads 1/2 ton and past cars, they were fair to say the best, but again I havent had any bigger truck tires in Goodyear.

I kinda like BFG, they seem to wear pretty good and last a while.

I dont think Goodyear is anything like it was in the good ole days, ive bought several hoses for my vehicles that were goodyear, thinking they would be good. All i got was cracking, leaking fuel lines within one year. Think most their stuff is made over seas now a days.

Again, these are mean lookin tires and may well be worth it.

PS: them ole dodges just eat tires, lol Im kidding. had to say it. smilieFordlogo

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I am not familiar with that particular tire, but I do run the Goodyear Wranglar Duratrac on my F350 SD PSD and they wear well for the application.
www.goodyeartires.com/tire/wrangler-duratrac/

As far as tires lasting, on a heavy rig towing often, tire wear is always an issue. Heavy vehicle weight, aggressive tread pattern, snow rated (ie snowflake symbol) all contribute to rapid tire wear. The more aggressive tread pattern tires & snow rated tires have softer compound rubber than highway tires.

To help increase the tire life on your rig, rotate every 3k miles, keep them balanced and drive like you have an egg between your foot & the go pedal.

I haven't heard of anyone using them yet, but they look like a good all around tire, a little bit of everything by the ratings, hard to go wrong with Goodyear.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts