Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Good Find

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
As far as the shipping, its not the weight but the size of the package - not sure if it would be small enough for ups and truck freight is just plain high now days! Personally, I would pass on that price. I picked up 2 complete sets, 1 long bed and 1 short bed for $150 last year. They were local, so no freight. Then I sold the long bed set and nearly recovered my investment.:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...those prices seem a little high for used pieces. They look decent, a little blemed but pretty good. For reference, I've sold near entire sets (missing a piece or two) for less than $200.

There are several of us that have these parts,sell them at a resonable rate, have a high level of integrity,thus a guarantee system and that really need the money.

Please consider site members for commerce before inflated amounts of merchandise on Ebay

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I checked in the classified section and didn't see anyone with the trim. I'm looking for the long trim for my long bed now.

Typically if there's something you want, post a WTB ad, seems the gen 6 guys here, have just about anything you could want...or know who does. I know there are guys here that have 'brokered' deals before for really hard to find parts.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sanding it removes it

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sanding will work but is very time consuming...oven cleaner (sodium hydroxide, lye) will remove it but you will then have to sand with progressively finer grits to make it look good...then you can try to find a plce that will reanodize, or you can leave it and polish it (which will require maintenance)..or you can get it cleared but there seems to be mixed results/opinions on that. Also I do believe you can use a 20% phosphoric acid solution instead of the sodium hydroxide.
I did a lot of reading/research about this for restoring the truck I'm working on now...for me anyway, it has worked out easier/less hassle to simply get NOS or repros.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not 1000 and above grit and finding a place to reanodize is the trick....most places will not do it (that's what I've found anyway) due to possible contamination...so if you can find a place, more often than not they will want to prep it....then it starts getting costly. DC makes a reproduction set on the original Ford tooling for $525.

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
Not 1000 and above grit and finding a place to reanodize is the trick....most places will not do it (that's what I've found anyway) due to possible contamination...so if you can find a place, more often than not they will want to prep it....then it starts getting costly. DC makes a reproduction set on the original Ford tooling for $525.

New reproduction would be great. Unfortunately, that is out of my range. I've had my truck going on two years and it's been a slow process.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts