Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

going to look at a white 95 f150, who needs parts

"1995 ford f-150 for sale it has new tires, nice wheels only 111k miles on 302 with auto transmission"

lady is selling it for $1,000 b/c it has no title. i just want a few parts off of it - anyone else need something, and if so what is it and how much will you pay for it?

it tipped up on its side during an ice storm. doesn't have a title b/c the guy they about it from a few months ago never gave them one and now they can't get in touch with him.

truck047.jpg

truck048.jpg

truck049.jpg

truck050.jpg

also...one of the things i want is the spare tire carrier. not having seen one, i'm not sure how to remove one. i assume if i bring some basic sockets/wrenches i should be able to get it removed? any special tricks?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
dang.. wish i can get that front clip.. but it will be a fortune to ship it here so ill just keep looking

geez, they just dropped the price on the whole truck to $700. wonder what it'd take to get a title for it

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
My gut says take the vin number down to the DMV and have them run it for you.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm just wondering if it has a lien on the title. Like somebody made a down payment at a buy here- pay here lot and never made any payments.

well, back to just looking for parts. my dad ran a carfax and the only record is when it was titled. something's fishy and he's afraid i'll get screwed

passing on the whole thing, and he's parting it out tomorrow - taking the engine out first thing in the morning.

the bummer is i wanted the tailgate and stuff (he was selling for $50). another guy is buying the whole bed. that means tailgate, bedliner, and spare tire carrier :( he said if he ends up not paying or something, it's still mine

I'll take the gas switch on it, been looking for one of those.
o, and what switch were you talking about? the one on the dash?

I'm just wondering if it has a lien on the title. Like somebody made a down payment at a buy here- pay here lot and never made any payments.

My thoughts exactly. This person has had it for a couple of months and doesn't have the title? How did they get the plates etc.? It just doesn't pass the smell test. If you were to buy it knowingly with no title and happened to get caught parting it out, and it was found to be a missing vehicle, you might get caught up in something you didn't want to get caught up in... Just my thoughts for what they're worth...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Read somewhere you can use the tank switch for fog lights , and it would keep the stock look, and not the cheesy switch you got there smilietease
You couldn't try but it would get a bit convoluted. There's a lot of wires coming off that back of that plate. I'm sure you could figure it out :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts