Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

going to fill the A/C today... but the compressor wont turn on??

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
it wont turn on now i think its empty..

im going to try filling it wit some R12 this afternoon
will it turn on when i fill it with R12??

yea give it a try. where are you getting R12 from???

i don't know how your's works but the 1 in my van won't cycle below 70* or so

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
this may sound stupid, but make sure the wire harness on it is plugged in. I unplug mine in the winter so I don't have to hear the cylcing on/off. Maybe yours came unplugged.

Ryan

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
where is this plug?? but it was working.. a few months ago.. i messed with it i think i let the little r12 it had left out of the system and now it isnt turning on anymore.. i think it will turn on when i refill it.. i get my R12 at my local car store..

and why do you unplug it why dont you just use the vent ? that doesnt use the compressor

the harness should be right on the front.....i did like Ryan on the Lincoln. couldn't miss it being unplugged

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hmm..saw this thread someplace else. Answered it there, too.

E1AZ19B888B .. A/C Vacuum Control Selector Valve Assy (Motorcraft YH 380)

Fits 1990/91 F150/350's, Super Duty & Bronco / 1981/91 Crown Vics and others.

This valve mounts behind the A/C heater control panel, and has 7 nipples on it that the vacuum lines connect to.

The valve also has the "kicker switch" on it, that turns on the A/C compressor.

Move the lever to A/C, when the switch works, an audible click is heard.

Tens of 1000's of these valves have been sold since the 1960's, mainly because that POS switch failed.

The valve is still available from Ford, the suggested retail price is: $21.58.

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
dang it. went to fill the Ac system and we found a leak at the condensor

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
dang it. went to fill the Ac system and we found a leak at the condensor
The good news is...you can still buy the condenser from Ford, the bad news is the price.

E7TZ19712A .. A/C Condenser (Motorcraft YJ234) / MSRP: $432.08. :mad:

If you shop around, the price drops to $259.25.

The parts catalog sez this condenser is only used with the 5.8L.

btw: I see you're in Aruba. Several years ago, the cruise ship we were on stopped there, and we took a tour of the island.

Being a hopeless car nut, I asked the guide what happened to all the old cars, was there a junkyard someplace?

She said there was one on the south end, and of course all I could think of was going to see what was there, but we didn't have the time.

So my question is...what is there?

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
no probs about the condensor i have a friend who has one and i will get it from him

hmm i dunno for shure what she was talking about.. but here we have allot of cars

there just not running around on daily basis
they come out on weekends and carshows

we have from Rat rods to high end luxery cars to classic american muscle and just classic cars.. and even a few porche and ferraris around..
and big picups like mine... but gas prices do suck around here.. 4.5$ a gal.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Gas may be expensive, but you can't burn that much of it- there's nowhere to go. smilietease

(Last Tuesday, I had to go see a friend, who lives in Maine- 300 mile round trip, and that's just from the middle of this state to somewhere sorta near-ish an edge of it...)

if you can't get the compressor to come on there is a plug on the accumulator/dryer assembly-it's the a/c cyclic switch-unplug it and use a jumper wire or a paper clip to jump the two wires -the compressor should cut right on

The good news is...you can still buy the condenser from Ford, the bad news is the price.

E7TZ19712A .. A/C Condenser (Motorcraft YJ234) / MSRP: $432.08. :mad:

If you shop around, the price drops to $259.25.

The parts catalog sez this condenser is only used with the 5.8L.

btw: I see you're in Aruba. Several years ago, the cruise ship we were on stopped there, and we took a tour of the island.

Being a hopeless car nut, I asked the guide what happened to all the old cars, was there a junkyard someplace?

She said there was one on the south end, and of course all I could think of was going to see what was there, but we didn't have the time.

So my question is...what is there?

Hea Bill, Now that I am the exclusive Ford sponsoring dealer here it's ok to point people my way. smiliegitrdone

Ed

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts