Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Goin Back.....

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Not real happy with the lift on my truck so it's gonna come off and go back to my original plans........don't like the way it rides......handles a tiny bit better but not enough to change my mind...tires are more expensive and I don't like the scratches down my sides from takin it in the backwoods...dropping it back down will defer those redneck thoughts so the lift is comin off and I'm gonna go back with my original intentions...cam it out and throw a stick in here and level her out.I'm also gonna change the wheels out I've got a choice of two sets and would like opinions please...these type:(exactly the same just different lug pattern)
PCWheelsw.jpg

Or these:

american_racing_baja_polished_500.jpg

Thoughts are appreciated.Just wanna level her out and go mild Hi-po the lift is drivin me crazy.Keep in mind I am under a TIGHT budget heh.Any thoughts on manual trannies as well?I could go z-bar linkage or Hydraulic no problem there but once again....budget.Thanks!!!!!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i have the same set of wheels like u do.. but in BAD condition so im going to paint them MATT black..with wide street tires.. and when you remove the lift. put a 2" drop bracket in the rear to level the truck out ;)

Wow, that was quick...

Its all in what you like I guess. :)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Second set of wheels, for sure.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
2nd set, tho for a street truck id say some Crager SS's or Torque Thrusts would look better.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
being that i have black wheels ill have to say blac rims but the chrome ones do look damn good

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
cragars
002.jpg

or some summit wheels
0023.jpg

the ones u choose isn't bad but not for a street truck

The seccond set for sure! Those are my favorite style of wheels for these!

And that second pic of the lighting with those rims, they gutta go! It makes it have the Chevy 454SS Look to it...

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Thanks for the input guys.......if I do the aluminum I gotta add some chrome somewhere along the lines cause there'll be too much black heh heh.If I do the black it might be slick lookin iono have to cross that bridge when i get there.....Yea Jurgen i was plannin on doing the 2 inch drop shackles to level her out also gonna get a stall converter and do the original plan i had in the first place.

stage 1 tfs cam,p.i. stallion 2500-2800 converter,explorer intake,headers and exhaust should put you well into the 14's.

cragars
002.jpg

or some summit wheels
0023.jpg

the ones u choose isn't bad but not for a street truck

Are those actual shots of both sets of wheels on that truck or a photoshop job? Good work if it is.. I like the second set actually was thinking about those in a 17" with 32" rubber for my truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts