Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

go or no go, what do you guys think?

off_road_since_82

ridem ropem powerstroke'm
Alta.
I'm going to go look at it in a few days, the lady is out of town for a while. but my first impression was; honestly I'm not sure. a few red flags but as a first truck I don't think its too bad. what should I be on the look out for? I'm not to familiar with propane conversions... and I'm not too fond of sitting on a hundred gallons of compressed highly flammable gas.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...kup-trucks-1975-Ford-F-250-W0QQAdIdZ216415081

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
pick that thing up!!! that interior is mint!! and the body aint to bad either from what i can tell from the pics. if anything buy another drivetrain and convert it back to gasoline/diesel whichever, and run it!!!!

great find!!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I agree,that body alone is worth that judging by the pics.Interior too_One thing we can't see,is the frame,and how she runs.The frame is a big deciding factor,if it's rusted pretty bad,it's a Red Flag.The engine not running,well,that can be taken care of and you'll still have a good truck for cheap.

Who wants to go Truck Huntin' in Hawaii?We could get leid in a Luau on the Beach too!

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would jump on that!! That's a great deal running or not.

off_road_since_82

ridem ropem powerstroke'm
Alta.
The link says calgary...?

yeah I'm from the great white north =) Alberta, Canada.
lets hear it for road salt, gravel and god only knows what else!
not much I can do about it for a few more years though.

In the worst case I have a 75 1 ton dually I can rip the frame out from under... my last attempt at getting it to run I missed a nasty wire and the truck burnt up but the frames fine. a little tweaking and it might work.

I was thinking about a nice little diesel, a cummins or a 7.3

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yea,My bad,I'm tired and I saw Kijiji and for some reason thought Hawaii.:hammer:

I still think we should go to Hawaii and get leid on the beach,trucks or not.:D

Last edited:
Go for it. That's one solid looking truck. If I were gonna buy it, I'd throw in a new motor. But I'm not one for propane, or 460 cubic inches.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
All this talk about "solid"...you guys do see that the supercab panel behind the driver's door is rotted off the bottom 6", right?

Not that it ain't worth $400, but...

I think I should whip down there and buy it today :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Fellro

Staff member
One thing about propane, the motor will be very clean if it is all they ran it on. It should also have a gas tank, haven't personally seen a true dedicated propane vehicle.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah, but I can't imagine the gas mileage is all that great. I may be alone here, but I can barely afford my 351. Dunno what I'd do without my trusty Ford Tempo.

Try driving my 750 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts