Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Give you guys an easy one

blacksnapon

Staff member
After replacing injectors on a 6.0 super duty, the tech is supposed to drive the vehicle for 20 miles.........WHY?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
me either. I say it has to do with the computer reading fuel/air ratio and calibrating itself, so the customer may find the ride unenjoyable.

That's a total guess.

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
To keep the customer from hammering it and seeing just what those BIG injectors can do!! Oh, we were talking modified injectors, right?

Kep4

Jäger
The liquor store with the coldest beer is 10 miles away....:beer:

Allow the computer time to adjust to the fuel flow? [confused]

Cuz a PSD with new injectors is so dang fun to drive! :nana:

After replacing injectors on a 6.0 super duty, the tech is supposed to drive the vehicle for 20 miles.........WHY?
the beer store is 10 miles away. 10 there 10 back. 20 miles. and his wife goes nuts if he puts more than work to home miles on his Prius. and the confusion is where?????[confused]

Last edited:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
No clue.....but I drive every vehicle I can get my hands on just so I can say: "I drove one of those."
I know the feeling. I keep hoping Tom will pull up outside the restaurant in a rig. :D

I've flown a 727 once! :D Almost more fun than my truck. Almost!

I know the feeling. I keep hoping Tom will pull up outside the restaurant in a rig. :D

I've flown a 727 once! :D Almost more fun than my truck. Almost!

Tom has some mirror arms for me. He was supposed to meet me somewhere in southern MO with them one day. Then he went and changed jobs......

Hmm.....

I used to fly a lot until 9/11. My cousin works for an airline and I used to be able to fly free occasionally. The last time I flew was to Hawaii in 2000.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I used to fly a lot until 9/11. My cousin works for an airline and I used to be able to fly free occasionally. The last time I flew was to Hawaii in 2000.
I did mean that I flew it sitting in the Captain's seat though. Flew it for about 35 mins. Couldn't record it in my logbook though. Wasn't really legal for me to do that. lol

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

To complete the road test "drive cycle" which allows the PCM to re-learn its adaptive strategy.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Rusty's got it. Its to get all of the air bubbles out of the high pressure oil system. If you dont, hard starts, rough running, less than appreciative customers!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Cool learned something new again.

Thanks Vince and Alex YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts