Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Getting ready to head out for Fall Carlisle

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Getting ready to head out for Fall Carlisle to search for a few bargains.
My legs will be getting a work out today I think it was 14 miles of walking I did last trip there to see everything.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Forget the tshirt...bring me back some parts. Have fun...and you mean to tell me they don't have those hoveround things so an old guy like you doesn't have to put a strain on your legs????????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hoveround hell...golf cart, gotta carry a buttload of parts.

From the sounds of it, he got a late start and there were slim pickins anyway, so no need to pay the extra fee to upgrade to a golf cart...haha. But seriously, I was just looking out for Randy's well being...whatever the mode of transportation.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Just got back home from the car show. It was Ok being late and heavy rain expected a lot of the venders closed up early. There was tons up on tons of car parts. Mostly Chebby stuff but a good many Ford car parts.Lots of intakes head,carbs etc. picked up a few catalogs for Trucks and mustangs.

Never bought a thing. That is a rare occurrence when I go there. normally have the car loaded up. Even got a great parking spot but nothing really caught my eye. Didn't seem to have the Normal vendor turn out that is normally there. There was a lot of OLD 30-50's car parts this time.
It was still a fun time just waiting for the spring show now.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm going tomorrow morning. The place is huge. Lots to see. I don't get why they don't put more benches in more spots for people to sit down for a bit. It is alot of walking.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I agree. It is 100 acres or close to it and the hill is steep after walking the level if you go in Gate 1.Once you zig zag back and forth and climb the goat hill You feet and legs start getting tired. The weather is cool and doesn't wipe you out like the summer time shows.

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
I would love to hit one of these up sometime but thats a lil over 3 hr drive for me. Once a year to Ford Nats is probably enough for me....

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
3 hours for me also. I go every spring and fall. Nice day today, but not much to see. Everyone was packing up before 10am. I go see other stuff while I'm out there as well so it was still a good day. The hill really does tire you out if you don't zigzag and find the less steep parts.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts