Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Getting a lil lift w/out a BL

Smashed96gt

Delaware Chapter member
The keys change the inital index of the bar. You would get the same effect from cranking the bars.

And I was hesitant to offer earlier because I hate doing alignments but I could crank the bars and align it one Sunday at my shop in Middletown.

Last edited:

Smashed96gt

Delaware Chapter member
Or you could just suck it up and do a BL and look like this with 35's.

trk3.jpg

Off-roadranger04

Delaware Chapter member
the larger keys are a no go... and you wont break anything cranking the torsion bars...

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Ok, ok thanks guys! With tbars cranked, it will level it right? I hate the "jacked up" rear end look! Thanks Bill, might take ya up on that, of course, for a fee.

Off-roadranger04

Delaware Chapter member
yeah it will level it... When i cranked mine there was maybe a .5" difference in the rear, thats becuase i had the lower rated 'B' bars... Then when i got the superlift i bought #1 bars which have a higher spring rate and i turned them about 3 turns and it leved it now. Since you have the FX4 you should have #1 bars... You want to measure the rear from the wheel well to the top of the tire, and same in the front. Then you knw how much to work with. You have have to remember to lift the front of the truck off the ground and do the same amount of turns on each bolt. about 2 turns at a time, drop the truck and measure. till you get it where you want.

Smashed96gt

Delaware Chapter member
I've never had a problem leaving the truck on the ground and cranking the bars. But I do it on a lift at work and had plates that allow the tires to move instead of them being drug across the ground.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Your truck would look GREAT with a body lift. You can buy gap-guards so nobody can easily tell you have a body lift.

With a 3'' lift you should be able to run 33's with no problem.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Or you could just suck it up and do a BL and look like this with 35's.

trk3.jpg

That is one AWESOME looking rig!~

I'm about drooling over here!!!!!!!!!!

Ford Truck Articles