Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen. 12 likes and dislikes

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
You have a point, the 7th, 8th, and 9th gens all run the same cab, with just minor interior, front clip, wheel arch, etc. changes. I guess what really annoys me the most about it is they usually bring out all new motors with an all new truck. I could understand if they just added the 6.2 to the 4.6 and 5.4, but they completely erased everything and brought in new motors.

Gen 6. they offered a new engine lineup without changing the sheet metal.....

73-76 had FE (or FT) 360-390 engines
77-79 had 351M and 400 engines

supercab and 8' bed is available in the XL and XLT

I have had an 04 and now have a 10. There may not have been a major remodel but there are a lot of differences between the two generations. Hood, grille, headlights, taillights, 3rd brake light, tailgate, wheel arch bodylines, dash, mirrors are a little different, etc. Sitting in and driving the 10 vs. the 04 is different too, the 10 feels like a lot bigger truck.

I do believe you can still get the reg. cab with an 8ft. bed too. You just can't get the 8ft. bed in any other configuration. It's not a big issue for me, I can't remember a time yet were I couldn't get what I needed into the bed of my truck. I like running a bed cover so the deeper bedsides work great for me. I can put stuff in the bed and leave the cover down, in the 02 I had I always had to roll the cover up.

I will be picking up my 2012 Saturday, it is an XLT 4X4 SuperCab, 8' bed.

just priced out a base model 4x4 on Ford.com... can it be? manual transfer case no longer available? welcome to the 21st century :(

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts