Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gauges

Which gauges

• GS Series

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Cobalt Series

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think they are both nice, but the GS Series just seem to have a cleaner appearance. It also depends on the coloring of the heater controls and stereo face. I voted GS, but the Cobalt's are nice too

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
GS has a bit more of that nostalgic look, but the cobalts look sharp too.

With what i am hearing about your interior i would go GS. Just cause i think they will fit better over all.

GS - they just have a more "classic" look to them.:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No traditional chrome?????? Of the two I prefer the GS.

cobalt....................

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Can I add a choice? Golden Oldies. Of the two offered, I would go with the GS.

Those only have short sweep and not the ones that I need...and I wish the GS series had a blue background.

Last edited:
Those only have short sweep and not the ones that I need...and I wish the GS series had a blue background.

Hey Duncan do you mean you want the blue line or a blue backlight - if you mean the lighting is it possible to change out the bulb caps?

I 'spose if one was careful enough you could dissassemble the gauge and using a fine artists brush attached to a caliper you could scribe paint an arc in blue .

I know its a lot of work but if thats the look you want to achieve then sometimes you got to do it yourself and seeing some of your photos you seem to be a perfectionist in the work that you do.

Cheers Mark

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The actual backgound lighting..some have lamps, some have LED's. Lamps shouldn't be an issue to change..but the gauges I want are the stepper motor units and it wouldn't surprise me if the pcb uses surface mount components...which there is no way I'm screwing around with that given the cost of the damn things.

Sounds like a good tech question for the manufacture. Changing the illumination color would most likely be a standard question they have been asked. Blue definately looks good, but the green has more of an OE look.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds like a good tech question for the manufacture. Changing the illumination color would most likely be a standard question they have been asked. Blue definately looks good, but the green has more of an OE look.

Called them...it's what I thought...LED's mounted to the pcb...and he figures probably surface mount...so if I want blue, it's the Cobalt series.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Gotcha, sounds like no mixing lighting colors then.

Yep...got to make a decision possibly soon...depends when the truck is going in for paint as I want to TIG studs onto the pillar to mount some of them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts