Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gas Prices

In HS, typical Friday night scene. I'd be getting ready to leave on a date and dad would ask "you got any cash on you?" Of course, never had much, so he'd flip me a $20 ("don't tell mom":) ). I'd run the 442 down to the Standard station, fill up with premium (.25/gal), go take a live one to a movie, grab a bite afterwards..... and come home with change. :headbang: Chitt- Nick's lucky to do the same thing and have change from a $100 bill.

Back to the original thread- $2.87 for regular, $3.59 for diesel. Across in Washington, where you have to pump your own, it's roughly 25 cents/gallon more.

Wait a minute! Did you go down to the feed store and buy oats with that money? The horse tied to the front of the buggy must have gottten hungry being out all night.

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

Sorry Ernie.

For those who do not know...he is only a couple of years older than I am.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
2.68 here a gallon but we have to fill with premium so its about 2.99-3.09 depending on the station.

Michigan
haha my first truck was my 79 bronco with a 460. I remember when gas was 1.90 a gallon, i would put 10 bucks and that would give me a little over a quarter, and that would last 2 days, and i only drove 6 miles round trip each day to school. I had my foot in the gas 24/7 tho so im sure i coulda streched that out a bit longer. I remember back in 97 my dad getting gas that cost 1.10 a gallon, 1 dollar. I would be in heavin if that would ever happen again...... It takes 80 bucks to fill my tank now...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Wait a minute! Did you go down to the feed store and buy oats with that money? The horse tied to the front of the buggy must have gottten hungry being out all night.

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

Sorry Ernie.

For those who do not know...he is only a couple of years older than I am.

:) Just for giggles- my grandpa was one of the first guys in Nurnberg to own an automobile. It was a Mercedes, sometime in the late 20's. He never drove himself- had a driver for that.

When my mom got off the boat in Los Angeles from the old country (1929), she was met by her uncle and aunt driving a brand new, midnight blue Packard 4 dr convertible. For a young girl coming from a poor, rural farming community, she thought she'd just died and gone to heaven. :)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Barb's great-grandparents came to Oregon the same way from North Dakota. They were originally German. On her dad's side of the family, they were Avacado farmers in Cupertino, Ca (Yugoslav/Russian). Her dad finished his stint in Korea and through some Army screw-up, was released from duty in Portland, Ore instead of San Francisco. He stayed I guess. :)

I remember fuming that gas prices went UP to .50/gal at about the same time I started driving....

. . . . NOW ! ! ! :drop:......that posting's makes ME feel Reeeealllly old ! ! 'smiliedoh' ...........I remember when I start'd driving, Gas was at $ .25 a gal......I learn'd about's wrenching because of having around 6 to 7 Corvair's:headbang: in the driveway from my Dad's offering's of mechanical (Engine) work/rebuild's on them.........{gzzzzzzz, they were such a PITA, 2 ! ! !:fan: } . . . . . . BUT, those were the day's of when no matter WHAT vehicle you had, & IF you had $20.00 buck's or more, IT was an all_nighter' of flat out cruzin around.........RADAR ????? >>>>:rolling laugh:

...........yeah, :waa: smiliecrybaby , gooood ol' day's for "Petrol" back then as well as you built U'r OWN Speed_Machine......smilietease .........YelloThumbUp

mr. Charles

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Runnin bout $3 a gallon for unleaded here in SOCAL.

And how appropriate that just before logging on and reading this thread I read this little diddy.

CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela's state oil company said Tuesday that it has stopped selling crude to Exxon Mobil Corp. in response to the U.S. oil company's drive to use the courts to seize billions of dollars in Venezuelan assets.
Exxon Mobil is locked in a dispute over the nationalization of its oil ventures in Venezuela that has led President Hugo Chavez to threaten to cut off all Venezuelan oil supplies to the United States. Venezuela is the United States' fourth largest oil supplier.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20080212-1727-venezuela-us-oil.html

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts