Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gallery added

I DID TAKE MY LAPTOP, but I was in Arkansas. You should know what a problem that was!!

No...I don't see a problem. There is WIFI all over the place. confused

Well, I can just imagine what MRS6L woulda done if he spent time with US while there on vacation!!!

Well, not in North Western Arkansas apparently. Try finding it in Eureka Springs!!

Mcdonald's, Hardees, Panera Bread, just about any fast food place and most cafe's have wifi now. There are a lot of places here in town with free wifi.

You should have asked me before you left.

I thought everyone knew about this site:

http://wififreespot.com/

This is not nearly a complete list. Most food places have wifi now and most modern hotels do. I used to travel a lot and can't use telephones. Hotspots are my friend.

My week in florida I used a wifi connection that we had no idea WHOSE it was :rofl:

I do that all the time. A, B, and G. Most places I go now, I can get wireless. I don't think people know how to secure them.

3 at Northark, 2 at MHTI, 2 at dialysis, and 2 at mom and dads.

Its rare to not be able to get wireless somewhere.

A lot of the fast food places and cafe's around here advertise it. Airports have it, Car dealers do (I was in one in springfield the other day).

Now as far as Mrs6L...thats probably a no-no to be online while on vacation.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
I don't have a clue what wifi is or how it works. :redface: I do know Brian is right about Mountain Home (I can't speak for Eureka Springs or anything) having tons of places that advertise free wifi.

Anyone care to explain to a nOOb how it works?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Anyone care to explain to a nOOb how it works?
It's a wireless network. Using a laptop and a wireless network card you can access the internet just about anywhere. Unless you're in the middlee of a 170 acre forest in Eureka Springs. The usual limit is around 150' from the wireless router or access point. I offer free access in my cafe. It's unsecured, but I dare you to try for access to anny of the computers. :) They're locked down pretty good. Of course, they are on aa different wired router too. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Mcdonald's, Hardees, Panera Bread, just about any fast food place and most cafe's have wifi now. There are a lot of places here in town with free wifi.

You should have asked me before you left.

I thought everyone knew about this site:

http://wififreespot.com/

This is not nearly a complete list. Most food places have wifi now and most modern hotels do. I used to travel a lot and can't use telephones. Hotspots are my friend.
Yes, I know about it. I did check the e-mail while there because that's business. I didn't have alot of time parked in front of the library to visit the FTF site. I was BUSY, er, gettin busy, in a private cabin with 4x6 jacuzzi, hot tub and king size bed. :p When we weren't there, we were on Beaver Lake tied to a tree in a cove. :) Yeah, there too!! GREAT vacation.

BTW- Aren't ya glad now ya' brought thatup Brian. :D

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Thanks. :) One word explains why I know nothing about it. The only time I've ever used a laptop is once a year at work. We use them to do our employee surveys. I don't know anything about laptops.

One of these days I 'might' get one. I've never had a use for one so I've never really looked at them. With my daughter being a Freshman in H.S. come August I am thinking she will need one though.

Laptops are not needed in most cases. I went through college with only a PC, printer, and a scanner on dial up.

I only used one laptop in my life (not mine) until I started teaching. Legally, they could not let me bring the software home and install it on my PC. Legally, teachers can have copies of their own if they use it in the classroom. Plus with teaching at two schools, I need it more than you can imagine. I have to be portable.

You can get more powerful PCs for less money than the same laptop.

This is my second laptop. My first one works fine still. I gave it to my brother. I just needed a lot more power for the new software.

With not being able to use phones, wireless is really good for me. I can still contact family and friends out on the road.

6L: You are correct. I don't want to know about you tying your wife and yourself to a tree on Beaver Lake.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Biggest advantage of a laptop for me is that I can access the internet from anywhere in my house, so I can do my bills on the dining room table and spread everything out, I can relax on my bed like I am now and catch up with my friends on FTF or I can sit y ur neighborhood pool and help a neighbor with their system while watching the boys swim and play. Ain't Windows Remote cool too!! Also, I keep most of my work stuff on the laptop and take it to work with me so I can work at home and at the office and not have to take disks back and forth and maintain two copies of everything. It really simplifies life. And it's not that much less powerful than my old desktop.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
I guess mine would be some sort of 'wireless' internet. I use my cell phone and a data cable plug to connect. It's way better than anything centurytel offers us around here and my monthly bill just went down $29 last month for it because now they have these cards you use instead of the data plug so they are paying the $59 and those of us with the cable only have to pay $25 now!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts