Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fuel sending unit filter

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
does anyone know of any chain parts houses that carry the little fuel filters that are on the end of the sending unit. i checked orielly's and napa's sites with no luck. in fact the only place i even found them was on bronco graveyard, but i would much rather get one locally, like now, not in a few weeks. i rigged up a filter setup, but would like to get the correct part because it is just a cheap filter. any help will be appreciated. -dan

Pickup tube filter

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
didn't change a damn thing on the sites. still no match for that part, even in a manual search.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
didn't change a damn thing on the sites. still no match for that part, even in a manual search.
D1AZ9A011A .. Fuel Sending Unit Filter-3/8" I.D. / Available from Ford.

MSRP: $30.24 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $21.77.

Fits: 1967/79 F100/350 (except w/In-Cab fuel tank sending unit) / 1966/79 Bronco / 1964/79 Econoline.

Fits all: 1964/79 Ford/Mercury/Lincoln Passengers Cars except 1970/77 Maverick/Comet & 1971/79 Pinto/Bobcat...that use one that is 5/16" I.D.

Since Bronco Graveyard has them, guess where they're prolly buying them from? A local Ford Dealer.

Last edited:

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
MSRP: $30.24 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $21.77.
Since Bronco Graveyard has them, guess where they're prolly buying them from? A local Ford Dealer.
doubtful unless they have a magic trick that partsguyed doesn't know. they wanted $7, so i'll be damned if i'd pay $22 for a 4''x1.5'' filter.
Auto Zone has them.

you sure? i'll check, but i avoid them and there site. i hate autozone.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
doubtful unless they have a magic trick that partsguyed doesn't know. they wanted $7, so i'll be damned if i'd pay $22 for a 4''x1.5'' filter.

you sure? i'll check, but i avoid them and there site. i hate autozone.

I have to get a in tank filter for my 88 and they gave me a part number. I will have to look to find it. I think it was $9.95 for 2

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
if you can find it that would be awesome. i just tried all the sites and still came back with the same results. the only thing that pops up is the screw in carb filter or sorry no results.

Did you see the one they sell ?

It looks like a tea bag that you strap on the pickup tube

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
The filters at Bronco Graveyard is a lot better. And yes the one from auto zone is more of a sock.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
yes, i already said they were the only place i could find them. i don't want to wait for shipping.
Did you see the one they sell ?

It looks like a tea bag that you strap on the pickup tube
i guess i'll just stick with the rig i made then.
The filters at Bronco Graveyard is a lot better. And yes the one from auto zone is more of a sock.

well that sucks. maybe i'll still look into it, but i doubt it.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
yes, i already said they were the only place i could find them. i don't want to wait for shipping.

i guess i'll just stick with the rig i made then.

well that sucks. maybe i'll still look into it, but i doubt it.

Dan they are only $7.00 not to bad. And the ones Auto Zone has looks like a tightly woven fish net that has to be clamped on.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
Dan they are only $7.00 not to bad. And the ones Auto Zone has looks like a tightly woven fish net that has to be clamped on.

did you ever find a part name or number for it from autozone?

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
yes, except mine is black and rust with a sprinkle of crust thrown in for character. the only way i could get water to flow through it was at the blown out seem on the side.

I'm going to order a few of those for myself next month.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts