Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Injector Problem!

I have a 89 F350 with a 460. Have 40 PoundsOf Fuel Pressure At The Rail. But my truck wont crank. have great spark and timings good. so i tested the injectors with a noid light an have no power. can figure out why any ideas where to check and how?

Did you check each one for power? Do you have a wiring diagram? If you only checked one, it might not have power because it wasn't time yet. If none of them have power, You might have broken wires. Or your computer is no bueno. Good Luck.

started again! i have no power to my injectors i replaced the ecm and it ran for a little while and now its acting up again. it turns over but wont crank could it be a sensor? dont see any visual problems with my ignition switch could it be bad even without scorch marks on the pins?

Fellro

Staff member
Check the ground connections at the battery, the injectors are grounded straight to the batter negative post. Also could be a bad eec relay.

cleaned my terminals checked the grounds under my hood all were good. had the eec module checked earlier today still getting nowhere anything else? im stumped all together thinking of sending it to someone maybe?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
How did the EEC fair when you got it tested? You're still positive the injectors are working? When you said you have great spark....is that between the coil and the dizzy or the dizzy and the plugs? Check the voltage at your TPS as well......do a search on here and look for a thread about this by fatherdoug, there is an excellent link in there.

there is good spark all the way from the streetfire coil through my dizzy to the plugs. needs plugs and wires im sure but am gonna wait till i get her running first. the eec tested good in all areas today at autozone. they told me it didnt effect the injectors just the spark after the dizzy. Throttle Position sensor right? wat should i look for?

Fellro

Staff member
But what about the EEC relay? It is not anywhere around the EEC module... they are on the fender by the plug for testing and reading the codes. They are also incorrect about the EEC controlling the injectors, as it does control the injectors as well. I dealt with a similar situation last winter, the ground at the battery was the reason it would not run the injectors. It would run if I put fuel in the intake, but nothing more. It was all because the ground at the battery was undone. Then later, water got into the plug for the fuel pump relay, shutting off the connection when it would freeze, turning off the pumps.

There are two relays by the diagnostic plug, one is for the fuel pumps, one is for the injectors and EEC controls.

had a loose wire on the coil. it was the +battery wire. it started up now wat i wanna know is would that effect my injectors or did it just happen to crank? my problem is not constant it was intermittent. so am i gonna get stranded at walmart or could this be my solution? any ideas?

Fellro

Staff member
That's the thing about intermittents, it can be tough to be sure, but it seems reasonable. It may have affected the signal used for reference to turn the injectors on.

so far so good. now i can get back to body work. shes in bad need of a paint job. thinking of just going over the red with red primer and white with a grey till i get the money to paint. working progress. any opinion on the duplicolor truck armor for the bed?

Fellro

Staff member
The Duplicolor is ok if you don't actually work it... If you are expecting it to hold up to actual load hauling, you will be disappointed. We have worn it off the carts at work, did that within a month of application.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
It's another HIGHLY raved over liner......comes in both a textured and smooth finish but either way it's Polyurethane.....you can spray it on, roll it on, or brush it on and it will automatically smooth itself out. Just order the free chip once you you find a color you like.....I did and put that chip through it's paces....NOTHING touch it....not even a torch. http://www.durabakcompany.com/

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts