Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Filters

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Lol, it's not what you know it's how you say it to BS your way through..
Whatever! You know you're stuff!! I had NO clue where to look on that 7.3L and you nailed it right away. smilietease I know that also has to do with the fact that you're a mechanic and I'm just a cook, but hey.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Whatever! You know you're stuff!! I had NO clue where to look on that 7.3L and you nailed it right away. smilietease I know that also has to do with the fact that you're a mechanic and I'm just a cook, but hey.

Thats why im here to help.

Thats funny because I cooked for 7 yrs before I turned wrenches. Did you get the part #'s for that 7.3 stuff I left them on the other thread.

Tell you what you cook me up a killer prime rib and mail it to me and i'll send you some free filters. smilietease

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Thats why im here to help.

Thats funny because I cooked for 7 yrs before I turned wrenches. Did you get the part #'s for that 7.3 stuff I left them on the other thread.

Tell you what you cook me up a killer prime rib and mail it to me and i'll send you some free filters. smilietease
How about a beef tenderloin? I LOVE beef tenderloin!! Last time I bought one, it cost me $321 from my food service. Granted it was enough for 30 people, but can't get them too often. :D

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
How about a beef tenderloin? I LOVE beef tenderloin!! Last time I bought one, it cost me $321 from my food service. Granted it was enough for 30 people, but can't get them too often. :D

That works too. You gotta spend the ching for the good stuff.. Can't always get your meat at the WAL-MART (not that theres anything wrong with it)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
WAL-MART (not that theres anything wrong with it)
BAD experience with Wally World meat. Have NOT bought from them since!!

Just curious, but did you know that Vince was a baker prior to turning wrenches? I find that VERY humorous. I've thought serious about becoming a diesel tech, so I've got to learn how long I can handle cooking before I switch over to turning wrenches myself. ROFL

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
BAD experience with Wally World meat. Have NOT bought from them since!!

Just curious, but did you know that Vince was a baker prior to turning wrenches? I find that VERY humorous. I've thought serious about becoming a diesel tech, so I've got to learn how long I can handle cooking before I switch over to turning wrenches myself. ROFL

No I didn't, that is funny. Thats it your the next diesel guy.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
AGHHH! Ok there it is all out now. I used a Wix filter set contrary to what was posted on this site. I understand that the filter I have does not meet Ford/Navistar spec. Somebody please tell me they will be fine until the next interval or even half of that I'd be happy with. They were $65. I did not check prior to purchase because the hard drive in my notebook failed and I could have sworn to reading about the quality of Wix filters here. Guess not huh?

Let me clarify.... the WIX fuel filter does not have the outer white "water separation" layer that covers over the paper pleated filter. The Racor made filter has this and is what makes it OEM!!!!

In post #2, Blacksnapon gave you an answer related to non OEM oil filters... not fuel filters!!!!

I would get rid of that non-OEM fuel filter ASAP... your injectors are to valuable to risk using an inferior fuel filter!!!

Buy fuel filters from your local IH dealer and save a fortune!!!!

Already taken care of. Big D hooked me up with the correct filters. They snapped in perfect. It is too easy to get the right stuff and not worry about it. Thanks for the reply.

JR

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Changed my fuel filter this past weekend and my mileage has gone up 1 full mile on the overhead lie-o-meter!!!

I buy my fuel at the same station, I use the same amount of PowerService fuel additive and I change my fuel filters every 14,600 to 15,000 miles.

I had noticed my fuel economy had decreased, but never thought about the fuel filters... and was only due to change them (using Racor brand from Int'l dealer of course) this past weekend.

SInce changing, I have gained one full mile per gallon and I hope rising. I went from 15mpg (mixed city & highway) to a reading of 16.2mpg!!!!

FYI - I one notices their mileage decreasing, installing a Racor made fuel filter and installing it with the "air vent hole towards the top is the way to go. Look at the video about oil and fuel filters in a different thread that has been posted (by me) in this forum (6.0L PSD).

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I HAVE SOME MOTORCRAFT WHITE BOX FUEL FILTERS THAT ARE A DEAL LISTED ON MY FRONT PAGE. I compared them to the MC ones and they are exactly the same. so order some and save a few bucks!

Ed

What are the "white box" filters?

Are they Racor made and just have no lables on them or is someone else making them? Do you buy from Racor directly or an authorized distributor of theirs?

What label, if any is on the filters or box to allow us to know that these are 100% Racor designed and made filters or are these a "copy-cat" of the Racor/Motorcraft filter... right down to the Aquabloc material?

Thanks,

What are the "white box" filters?

Are they Racor made and just have no lables on them or is someone else making them? Do you buy from Racor directly or an authorized distributor of theirs?

What label, if any is on the filters or box to allow us to know that these are 100% Racor designed and made filters or are these a "copy-cat" of the Racor/Motorcraft filter... right down to the Aquabloc material?

Thanks,

I bought them from my Motorcraft supplier, it is there off brand. no name, no decals, they told me it is the same people that make them for Ford. Just in a white box.

The material looks the same.

Ed

ahh haaa............smiliestirthepot

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts