Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel filler hoses?

Manimal

California Chapter member
Hey everyone,
I havent been on here in a while(no ford until now)....anyhow, I just bought a 1979 F350 Supercab Ranger XLT w/460. I am in need of fuel filler hoses,but all I can find are listings for NON EVAP trucks???I have EVAP......WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? I cant see there being any unless it was a diameter issue.
Thank You for ANY help.

worst case scenario you could always buy a section of radiator hose thats the same diameter as the filler hose. i have a friend who did this and has never had any trouble with it. apparently its also cheaper as well. just a thought here

Tanks with evaporative emission control (EEC) have a vent hole in the tank above the fill connection. Check to see where the hose from that EEC vent goes.
If it does't tie into the FILL vent hose, then I would say the fill hose would be the same.

Manimal

California Chapter member
Thank You. I am eliminating all the smog junk on this thing. I am moving to Illinois this coming spring and the truck will be registered there next week. So I am replacing the non-vented cap for a vented cap on both tanks. Thanks again.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Check your local Napa dealer for the "proper" fuel tank hose,they sell it here by the foot...much safer hose designed for gasoline use..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts