Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fuel economy????

Well i have been wondring how to get better fuel econmoy out of my truck. It gets something like 21 miles per gallon if my math is rite but it should be getting more. Another thing is when i take off the eedle for the fuel gauge will drop and then go back up and then i will step on it and it will go down and then back up how can i make that stop and how can i get better fuel economy thanks.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
after reading his latest post I am thinking he meant 12 not 21 lol and yeah intake exhaust and programer will get you better fuel economy and power but it costs some money up front

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Hell i wish for 12mpg, i haven't dared check my mileage in the last several years, honestly i dont want to know either, i know its not good and thats enough for me.

Well no i mean 21 mpg and yes i have mod new 6 inch exsosy, new garison turbo and other but i Have been told that diesels should get more i gues i just was mis informed but ya i meant 21 mpg i gues that good huh.

o ya and the needle i forgot well it moves alot if i have a 1/4 tank then it will go down a lil past the red and the same thing when its full or half it drives me nuts

emtzach

i get paid to do this
yeah i saw your post else where.... same answere its normal just the fuel sloshing around you true level is acurate at level truck not moving. plus its never good to run lower than 1/8 tank so having the needle go to empty just makes you want to fill up to be safe lol
oh yeah 21 is great for these trucks remember how heavy they are and not exactly aerodynamic haha your doing just fine

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
lol I bet you upgrade the radio before you fix the rattles too hahahaha been there done that lol

nope, i hate rattle, my dash currently rattles. One of the mounting tabs broke... Not sure how i am goin to fix it yet... Might have to fab up a metal bracket of some sort... Tearing the dash out completely to do it, seems to be the only way to do it right the first time.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
nope, i hate rattle, my dash currently rattles. One of the mounting tabs broke... Not sure how i am goin to fix it yet... Might have to fab up a metal bracket of some sort... Tearing the dash out completely to do it, seems to be the only way to do it right the first time.
Theres a TSB about that broken bracket. Ford sells a black metal replacement bracket that rivets on. Don't have to remove the dashboard.

Search for threads by 95bronk with the word "bracket". I think he made a thread asking about that problem a while back and the TSB info is in there. I'd do it for you but I'm on my iPhone right now.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
94 F150 sc long bed 4x4 3:55 rears 302 e4od got 12 -14 MPG

Add MAf change nothing get 14 16-mpg

If your truck is getting an actual measured 21mpg with mixed driving you should consider yourself very lucky, you're getting better milage than any full size truck from any manufacturer produced to date including all the newer turbo diesels or even the hybrid gasoline trucks.

Michigan
Yea i ended up epoxying my plastic dash bracket LOL! Worked great untill the next time i went to the sand dunes.

My diesel can "CAN" get 16 to 17 MPG with a cold air, big exhaust and a superchips. But the way i drive it when i do drive it i get around 10... LMAO

Thats why i got a 4 banger probe. I beat the pissola out of it and the lowest ive averaged was 28.55555555555555

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts