Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FS: one very rare, very big F-600 4x4 in WA State

as much as it hurts to do this, the purchase of another truck has forced me to seek a new owner for my 1975 Ford F-600 4x4 ex incident command truck from the Enumclaw, WA Public Safety Department

My price is not firm but I believe realistic so will come down some but not alot. I am not pressed for money and am much more interested that the rig go to someone with the same passion for such a truck as myself.

100_0969.JPG

here's the specs
>330 FT industrial v-8 w/ 5 speed Clark 285V trans
>Rockwell hi/lo transfer case T22?
>Rockwell 70ANX & 75HDX axles
>Ramsey 12k# PTO winch
>two Onan 4kW generators
>twin 50gal fuel tanks
>all aluminum van body with cabover and many locking compartments
>large propane tank
>separate house batteries

what's great
>only 15k original miles
>runs great with no mechanical issues at all
>very straight body, hood & fenders
>since all metal body no rotten plywood or leaks
>great glass and cab
>no rust at all...NONE!
>shop manuals for everything
>locking hubs rebuilt by prior owner
>both gensets start and run fine even from remote panel

what's fair
>tires are old and there is come cracking of sidewalls but all have great tread and hold air
>needs an interior (stripped by prior owner who was going to make truck into mining claim rig)
>not the most power as you would imagine (can go 55mph at 2600rpm in 5th gear on flat ground)
>wire on winch is rusty and needs to be replaced
>could stand fresh paint

what's lousy
>NOTHING!

I bought this truck with big plans to make it into a go anywhere back country machine with a conversion to a 7.3l Navistar IDI diesel and to complete the interior of the box as a mobile mountain cabin. I have never seen another of these trucks in my life and F600 4x4 chassis are extremely rare and could be adapted to a hundred different uses. One thing which always impressed me is that this brute is built to military specs but in a commercial package which makes in truly special.

many more photos are on Picasa here

lastly, my asking price is $5900 and the rig is located in Sedro Woolley, WA about 85 miles north of Seattle.

Contact Mike at [email protected] or call 360-755-3973

Ford Truck Articles