Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front End

RED352

Florida Chapter member
What would i need to do to convert my dana 44 1/2 ton to 3/4.

the 3/4 ton front end isnt much stronger or worth the work of swapping axles. You would want to put a solid axle dana 60 in..... The 1 ton front end.

RED352

Florida Chapter member
the 3/4 ton front end isnt much stronger or worth the work of swapping axles. You would want to put a solid axle dana 60 in..... The 1 ton front end.

Well what it is. The truck has a dana 60 rear. Dana 44 front but its 5 lug. But it does have matching gears. I dont like the fact thats its 8 lug rear 5 lug front. I read up on it a little and from what i understand i would need to change the outers to make it 3/4 ton.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Im not entirely sure, but i you might be able to swap to a 8 lug knuckle. I know the dana 50 ttb has 8 lug, but im not sure if it will bolt up to your dana 44....

Im not entirely sure, but i you might be able to swap to a 8 lug knuckle. I know the dana 50 ttb has 8 lug, but im not sure if it will bolt up to your dana 44....

I would think that he would be able to, another thing he could do so it wouldnt so lug nuts missing, is to get some good, cheap 15 inch wheels, 8 lug 15 inch for the rear, 5 lug 15 inch for the front, this way he could have all tires the same size and all wheels that have all the lug holes on the wheels covered.

Just a thought.

Im thinking you prob have 16 or 16.5 on there now with 3 lug holes showing on the front, I believe this is the problem, making the truck look bad?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Who keeps spairs in there trucks? I have none in anything I drive lol. Easist way to see if you can put the D508 lug hub on is go to your parts store and get some F150 inner and outer bearings, and then F250 inner and outer bearings and see if the inner hole is the same size, I think the F250 and F150 spindle might be the same.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
You have no spare tires?

I think thats kinda foolish. A tire is not at all hard to change. With all the crap that can be found on a road way. It seems like a no brainer to me...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
All my spairs at home, never needed a spair. I have drove all over, 2hrs away, 6 hrs away. Guess im just lucky.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts