Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front end problem

3/4 Ton Joe

1st time ford
My front tires are like this when parked / \. Its my soon to be next project to get fixed after new plugs and wires. What would the problem be? Just got some new tires and the ones that where on there wore really bad to one side and I dont want to mess up the new shoes.

Thanks
Joe

90 3/4 4x4

probably tie rod ends.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The problem is the TTB...hehe ok now that I have that out of my system, I'm no real help, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a TTB set up completely perpendicular to the road even after rebuilds and alignments. I just always assumed degree of severity was based on worn parts. Best thing to do, is jack the front end, have a buddy turn the steering wheel lock to lock and see what has play and shoulding...I also like to do some quick jerky movements with the wheel to see if any added stress causes other gremlins to appear.

blacksnapon

Staff member
pay attention to the ride height measurements (from the axle to the frame). If the springs are weak, you'll get that "stance".

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts