Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front End Picture needed 1956 F-100

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
We're trying to get trucks that belong to members on the site included in the graphic designs on the site. We need a 1956 F-100, and permission to use it in a picture. If possible, we'd like the front-end, just like in the main banner. Bob, Brian, anyone with a 1950's F-100, could you take a picture of the front end, and have your eye level be at the center of the grille? Send me a pm with a photo.

Ryan

bobf100

Ryan - no problem. Are you sure you want to use mine? My reason for asking is that my grill has been customized by removing the emblems, filling the holes plus I'm running stainless steel headlight rings and painted turn signals. If you are looking for a stock grill Brian might be the better choice. I'll snap a few in the next couple days to send in for your consideration.

Mine is stock (as far as I know). My grill is dented right in the center. It is hidden behind the V8 unless you get really close.

The problem is that it is on blocks (suspension apart) really close to mom and dads garage door. I don't think I can get in there and far enough back to snap a pic of the whole front end at the moment. I will see....

Once school is out, I can finish the front spring packs and move it where ever I need to. Hopefully, I will be driving it a week or two from now.

On a side note, see my avatar on Fire Truck Equipment? I have the other side in another pic. Can your photoshop guru put them together for now?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
If the 1956 F100 is a 6 cylinder, it won't have the V8 grille emblem.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
brian, definately something I'd like to have a whole picture of.

Remember, if you take the photo, get the camera at emblem level, and get the entire width of the truck. I need a little leeway on either side.

Ryan

brian, definately something I'd like to have a whole picture of.

Remember, if you take the photo, get the camera at emblem level, and get the entire width of the truck. I need a little leeway on either side.

Ryan

Yeah...if I can get the whole thing in the view screen. It is close to the garage door and their garage is packed from the door back. :wtf:

As far as Bill....no clue. It is what it is. confused

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
As far as Bill....no clue. It is what it is. confused

Don't feel bad, I've been confuzed for decades.

Parklamp bezels are painted. They should be chrome, to match the grille.

Don't feel bad, I've been confuzed for decades.

Parklamp bezels are painted. They should be chrome, to match the grille.

Oh...ok. I have seen them both ways. I had no clue which ones were original.

Someday...(when I get rich), I will pester you for details like that. I have new lenses for it.

For now...I just want it drivable. :WooHoo:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Oh...ok. I have seen them both ways. I had no clue which ones were original.

Someday...(when I get rich), I will pester you for details like that. I have new lenses for it.

For now...I just want it drivable. :WooHoo:
Take the lenses off, soak 'em in hot water first, dry them off...then find some tube toothpaste, and rub it on. Some of the minor cracks will disappear, and the lenses will brighten right up. If there's any yellowing and you use Pepsodent, You can paraphrase the old ad slogan..."You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you polish the lenses with Pepsodent."

No scheiss, tube toothpaste DOES work on plastics.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts